Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Packers are “disgusted with” Aaron Rodgers, they’re “done with him”
This is heartbreaking news…! Wink
  B)
When Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers becomes the Prince of (Four Days of) Darkness, there’s apparently one less decision for him to make.

Bob McGinn, who has covered the Packers for decades, said in a podcast with Tyler Dunne of GoLongTD.com that the team is ready to move on from Rodgers.
“They are done with Rodgers,” McGinn said, citing his own instincts, his knowledge of the league, and “discussions with someone who [has] first-hand knowledge” of the Packers. “He’s not coming back. I mean, they’re disgusted with him, and they’re done with him. And they’re moving on.”
McGinn added that he’s “totally convinced” Rodgers won’t be back as the starter.
Boosting the belief that Rodgers will be gone, as McGinn explained it, is that the team fully believes in Jordan Love, and that the team is ready to turn the page after trading up and making Love a first-round pick in 2020.
McGinn predicts that, if Rodgers does insist on returning, he’ll be the backup to Love.
And it’s not just one person. McGinn said the entire power structure is done with Rodgers: CEO Mark Murphy, G.M. Brian Gutekunst, and coach Matt LaFleur. They think he’s not working hard anymore. They think he showed up for 2022  not in the best possible shape, and that he blew off the offseason program.
It’s a strong statement, and a compelling take. It also sets the stage for an awkward parting, with a trade inevitable — if McGinn’s report is accurate.
The situation should make it harder for the Packers to dictate terms. They reportedly want to send him to an AFC team, like they did with Brett Favre 15 years ago. Ultimately, they may have to trade him to the one team he’d want to play for, even if it’s an NFC team.
However it goes, it could indeed be that Rodgers is going. Last year, he considered walking away and decided to stay. This year, the Packers are ready to tell him to get gone.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/17/report-packers-are-disgusted-with-aaron-rodgers-theyre-done-with-him/

Rodgers the Raider is possible 

Wonder if he gets to keep the turd hearse…!?  Wink :p
[Image: vn3zraosl9pl.jpeg] 

What took them so long? A year late IMO. But McGinn is seldom wrong, so I guess it's time for Love.

That should be fun to headline. Preseason, "Do You Believe in Love." On IR, "Love Hurts." He's good, "All You Need is Love." He's bad, "Love Stinks." Bad under pressure, "You Can't Hurry Love." Slow to develop, "Love Takes Time." GM hesitates to pay him, "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That). 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
What took them so long? A year late IMO. But McGinn is seldom wrong, so I guess it's time for Love.

That should be fun to headline. Preseason, "Do You Believe in Love." On IR, "Love Hurts." He's good, "All You Need is Love." He's bad, "Love Stinks." Bad under pressure, "You Can't Hurry Love." Slow to develop, "Love Takes Time." GM hesitates to pay him, "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That). 
Don't know, McGinn has a good track record, but there is this gem

Quote:McGinn predicts that, if Rodgers does insist on returning, he’ll be the backup to Love.
Perhaps McGinn is a bit enamored with love.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Does Rodgers stay or go? "For Love or Money"
Packer fan attitude "Love me long time"
Coach LaFleur after a loss "Stupid Love"
The GM right now "I Want to Know What Love Is"
Rodgers to the Packers "Love Yourself"

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

Does Rodgers stay or go? "For Love or Money"
Packer fan attitude "Love me long time"
Coach LaFleur after a loss "Stupid Love"
The GM right now "I Want to Know What Love Is"
Rodgers to the Packers "Love Yourself"
When they miss the playoffs "What's Love Got To Do With It"

So . .  Rodgers goes to the Jets, gets injured, 

Minnesota starts retooling the defense, develop another weapon with JJ and TJ but Kirk is declining

Rodgers in purple in 2024
(we lose in the championship to the 49ers as Aaron throws a pick)

Time is a flat circle

Quote: @Skodin said:
So . .  Rodgers goes to the Jets, gets injured, 

Minnesota starts retooling the defense, develop another weapon with JJ and TJ but Kirk is declining

Rodgers in purple in 2024
(we lose in the championship to the 49ers as Aaron throws a pick)

Time is a flat circle
[Image: 8uzsk1aiw2vl.gif]

Eerie how all this has played out the same way it did with Farve

It was GB that said no mas to Bert and sent him to NY.

After 37 seasons of HOF QB play,  GB's window is now closed.