Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson
He's so raw that he may need more than one season on the bench before he's ready to be the starter. Whoever drafts him will need to have a vet QB already on the roster who they're comfortable with as a starter until AR is ready to take over. That's going to narrow the field a bit.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Every year a QB comes out of nowhere and will be way over drafted. With his stats, how he possibly gets a 7.5 as his lowest grade is absurd. Picking anyone in the top 10 with the idea that they'll be sitting for 2 years in the hopes that you can straighten out their faults, and teach them the position which they've barely played (13 college starts) is stupid.

In a weak crop of QBs, scouts/his agent want him to be good in the worst way.
Kind of sounds like you were talking about Lance there,  at least thats how I felt about him,  and mostly still do.
Was going to say, sounds like a Trey Lance draft story.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
He's so raw that he may need more than one season on the bench before he's ready to be the starter. Whoever drafts him will need to have a vet QB already on the roster who they're comfortable with as a starter until AR is ready to take over. That's going to narrow the field a bit.
I think only 4 draft picks is what is going to narrow the field.  I find it very likely that they extend Cousins,  and if they are going to do that then they damn well better focus on improving our IOL and D with the limited resources we have left,  not really room for a developmental QB if you arent willing to struggle a bit with a rebuild.

Richardson is an intriguing athlete, but he needs a lot of development as a pocket passer and is going to really need to land in the right situation to develop. The completion percentage worries me a lot. You just don't know if he is going to develop and be Cam Newton or another player he reminds me of on film in Logan Thomas coming out of Virgina Tech. With all that said, the Vikings would be an ideal development destination for someone like him. It would be an interesting conversation to have if he were still on the board at #23

I've watched a lot of Richardson and think he is worth taking anywhere outside of the top-5. Sure, there is a lot of inconsistency to his game but if you look at arm talent, size, and athletic ability he does what a lot of NFL QBs can't do. That is worth something. Accuracy is the common concern but he has some Josh Allen to that. Allen struggled with accuracy because of his base and his inability to layer the ball (E.G threw everything on a line). Richardson, same problem. He lives on his arm too much and will sacrifice resetting. That doesn't mean he will improve, but there is at least a chance. On the field he processes' surprisingly quickly and some of his flashes moving in the pocket are insane. 

There is a lot of bad/unknown. But if you just take draft range and look at say Kenny Pickett a year ago and Richardson, the floors are very different. You're talking serviceable low-end starter (Pickett) vs straight-up unplayable (Richardson). But speaking upside Pickett is a good top 15ish QB. Richardson if he hits his ceiling easily is a top 10 QB with the potential to go higher. Albeit I don't see much of a middle ground. 

I’m a big no thanks on Richardson. 54.7% pass completion isn’t good and I think the Vikings have other things to address early. If they can get a few more picks somehow and take a shot at someone later I’m all for drafting a QB.

read somewhere that 2024 QB class is much better, any thoughts…? 

Quote: @Kentis said:
isnt the greatest QB class of all time just 1 or 2 years away

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

Well for us it is…  B) 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

Well for us it is…  B) 
Would love for that to be true.