• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson

Anthony Richardson
  • Florida
  • Height-6040
  • Weight-236 lbs
  • Third-year Junior
  • 4-Star recruit per 247 Sports
  • Stats: 54.7%, 3105 yards, 24 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, 161 carries, 1,116 yards, 6.9 yards per carry 12 touchdowns

Strengths
Traits are the calling card for Richardson. They are on an absurd level that can only be compared to Josh Allen. Yes, it’s not an absurd comparison.

The first thing that pops off the screen is Richardson’s absurd arm talent. He can not only throw the ball a country mile, but also can launch it like a rocket.
Richardson is mechanically inconsistent, but the real appeal here is that you can see flashes of brilliant mechanics. When he gets his feet set and syncs his lower body with his arm, he can put the ball wherever he wants.
The other element that makes Richardson special is his ability to run the football. It isn’t just that he can create when the play breaks down, he can also do so when you draw it up. He is incredibly patient in the open field, setting up defenders in open space.
He wasn’t just limited to that. Richardson can take it to the house from anywhere on the field and runs through contact very well. It wouldn’t be surprising to see Richardson run in the 4.4s if he chooses to do so at the combine.
Weaknesses
The biggest issues with Richardson are all about mechanics, consistency and lack of reps. Richardson only has 13 starts in his three seasons in Gainesville.

His mechanics were the biggest issue. Richardson rushed himself consistently, especially in the beginning of the season. He would have his feet go awry and be disconnected from his upper half which caused numerous incompletions.
Richardson sees the field relatively well, but he makes mistakes that are due to a lack of repetitions under center. He can get caught missing a defender and they make him pay for it.
Arm Strength
9.9/10
Accuracy
7.5/10
Mechanics
7.8/10
Ball Placement
8.1/10
Throwing Motion
8.6/10
Progressions
8.7/10
Decision Making
8.1/10
Functional Mobility
9.5/10
Durability
8.8/10
Poise
8.9/10
Grade
85.9/100 First Round
Richardson’s film grade is lower than what his projection is. If you can develop the touch pass and get him to be consistent with his mechanics, Richardson could be a top-five quarterback in the NFL. If it doesn’t work, you can keep your head held high knowing that you shot the moon for an insanely talented player. Take him high and don’t look back.
https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-2023-nfl-draft-scouting-133017022.html

We'll see what happens with his rankings between now and the draft...Its not absurd to think if the Vikings want him to sit on their roster for 2 years they will have to move up to get him. 

Not easy to do with only 4 picks this year. 

He's an intriguing talent. I would not be opposed to drafting him if the cost to do so (the trade up terms) are not too high. For example, probably not at 10, but if he's there in the mid-to-late teens, he starts to get real interesting.

He's going to be selected top 7, watch and see. He's going to impress in workouts, etc. 

One of these years the Vikings are going to have to pull the trigger on a guy. Whether that's trading up (Lance, Fields recently) or "calling your shot" on a guy who is maybe a fringe 1st/2nd rounder (Lamar, Hurts), the likelihood of us ever being in position to draft Luck or Lawrence or even a Herbert or Allen, under this ownership group, is slim.
The list of QB busts is very long but same goes for any position. Didn't we draft Treadwell at or around 23? I hope the new regime isn't too content or too afraid or too-whatever-the-heck-else to at least TRY to find Kirk's successor. Be it this year or next.

saw a mock with him #1 yesterday Mcshay i think 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
https://www.gatorsports.com/story/footba...912654007/
This list of about 20 "experts" has him going anywhere from 3-29. Carolina is the most popular destination, either at #9 or via a trade up. Carolina makes a lot of sense. Defense that's good enough, no QB, a new HC whose rep says he's good at molding QBs, and an owner who probably regrets passing on Justin Fields.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Bullazin said:
https://www.gatorsports.com/story/footba...912654007/
This list of about 20 "experts" has him going anywhere from 3-29. Carolina is the most popular destination, either at #9 or via a trade up. Carolina makes a lot of sense. Defense that's good enough, no QB, a new HC whose rep says he's good at molding QBs, and an owner who probably regrets passing on Justin Fields.
Carolina's a good call, but I'm not sure there are too many who regret passing on Fields. He's improving I guess. And he can definitely run. Good fantasy QB. If they can get him another weapon he could be pretty good. 

Every year a QB comes out of nowhere and will be way over drafted. With his stats, how he possibly gets a 7.5 as his lowest grade is absurd. Picking anyone in the top 10 with the idea that they'll be sitting for 2 years in the hopes that you can straighten out their faults, and teach them the position which they've barely played (13 college starts) is stupid.

In a weak crop of QBs, scouts/his agent want him to be good in the worst way.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Every year a QB comes out of nowhere and will be way over drafted. With his stats, how he possibly gets a 7.5 as his lowest grade is absurd. Picking anyone in the top 10 with the idea that they'll be sitting for 2 years in the hopes that you can straighten out their faults, and teach them the position which they've barely played (13 college starts) is stupid.

In a weak crop of QBs, scouts/his agent want him to be good in the worst way.
Kind of sounds like you were talking about Lance there,  at least thats how I felt about him,  and mostly still do.