Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin not interested in a pay cut
Quote: @Akvike said:
@BigAl99 said:
Kene is not small, 6'1" 210, Cook 5'10"  210, Mattison 5'11" 215, Chandler 5'11 204.  Production is more than size and speed.  Fast Kene doesn't have the make you miss moves in close, he makes you miss with wrong angles, open field running. Dalvin has a different skill set that snaps ankles up close.
he wasn't napping many ankles this year---seemed like a lot of 2-3 yds and fall down for any pop.

Sorry should have qualified with tense  "used to", "previously" or "snapped", kind of like pronouns, but I was referencing attributes of their success.  One other attribute Kene has that I appreciate, is his focus, he is a stone cold player, he will deliver when you need it the most.  Plus, he is an engineer, what more can you depend on. 

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-hidden-ge...ears-draft  

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforum-communications-...nesota.JPG]

I am not outraged by Cook's position; I just saw too many times this year where he cut right when he should have cut left.  Keep the following in mind:  [Image: 3dtgm5yr4kdx.png]

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
I am not outraged by Cook's position; I just saw too many times this year where he cut right when he should have cut left.  Keep the following in mind:  [Image: 3dtgm5yr4kdx.png]
It wasnt the missed hole here or there that raises a flag on cook for me,   its the number of times per game that he would just stop and dance in the backfield instead of taking the 3 yards that were there.  2nd and 7 regularly is better than 2nd and 10 or 11 more often with the occasional 8 to 9 yard gain and the rare bigger run.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I don't know all of the financials but I hope he's back. Dalvin isn't = AD but this discussion is reminiscent of fans looking at the big money and thinking we can toss him to the side and plug in whoever and get similar results... then we got a season of McKinnon and Asiata stinking out the joint.
If the Vikings move on from Dalvin they better at least bring in a David Montgomery-type who is a proven producer rather than assuming Ty Montgomery who has barely ever played, Kene who is fast but small, or even Mattison. I'd be skeptical that guys who are unproven can step right in and get similar numbers to what Dalvin brings. That's a big gamble for a team that will probably once again be leaning heavily on the offense to win games.
Sometimes a committee of JAGs works. Philly, KC, BAL for example, but they all have a mobile QB threat as well. Other times teams want or even need real talent at the position (SF, GB, and I'd say MIN).
While I do want the Vikings to move on if the financials can’t be worked out, I don’t think you have to have one guy to do it. When AD went down, Asiata wasn’t the guy the Vikings needed, he was a plodder and was the guy who gets you 3 yds consistently, but when Cook went down in ‘17, Latavias Murray and Jerrick McKinnon did very well. Granted Murray was proven, he didn’t however cost a fortune.
So, I agree, but also disagree. Lol

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforum-communications-...nesota.JPG]
Ibrahim is getting a 5th round grade from a lot of scouting services. I would to add him in a heart beat and somehow figure out a way to get Schmitz as our new center. He is an older back, 24, but if you can get a guy with his production level in the later rounds it would be too good to pass up, especially if you are moving on from Cook and Mattison. He would be a great fit in our Zone Scheme. As a Gopher Alum, I might be a little biased.  Smile

I hate to say it this way, because they are humans,  but IMO a RB is a burn em up and send em packing position, pound the hell out of them in their early to mid 20s and then let them walk once they hit FA in their mid-late 20s as they have already given you their best in almost every case.   really tough not to love on the guys as they really take a pounding for our team,  but their chosen position just doesnt merit high money long term contracts.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@VikingOracle said:
It wasnt the missed hole here or there that raises a flag on cook for me,   its the number of times per game that he would just stop and dance in the backfield instead of taking the 3 yards that were there.  2nd and 7 regularly is better than 2nd and 10 or 11 more often with the occasional 8 to 9 yard gain and the rare bigger run.
I think we are in agreement that Dalvin left a lot of yards on the field this season.

Quote: @TBro said:
Ibrahim is getting a 5th round grade from a lot of scouting services. I would to add him in a heart beat and somehow figure out a way to get Schmitz as our new center. He is an older back, 24, but if you can get a guy with his production level in the later rounds it would be too good to pass up, especially if you are moving on from Cook and Mattison. He would be a great fit in our Zone Scheme. As a Gopher Alum, I might be a little biased.  Smile
I don’t watch a ton of Gophers football, just highlights mostly. But, the games I do watch, it seem Ibrahim is a decent back and plays hard all the time. If the Vikings can acquire some more picks, I’d say take a shot at him. But, there are a lot of pressing needs on the defensive side of the ball.

Ibrahim is already older than Ty Chandler and way more used (thanks a lot Fleck... 36 carries vs. Iowa???) .  With our shortage of draft picks, I'd rather pick up a cheap vet or UDFA back for depth and use the picks to restock the D.  Ibrahim has the NFL shelf life of unrefrigerated mayonnaise.