Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll -- who do you want as defensive coordinator?
Appears the Vikings have completed four interviews.  Who do you like for the position?

BTW, last choice are for Packer lurkers.

Would love to hear your reasons (especially if you choose Pettine).

Definitely not Pettine. Flores is just a name who's never done anything and wasn't wanted back in New England. It would be between Desai and Nielsen for me and I'd go Nielsen based on his resume and the way the Saints have been on defense during his tenure. Also regarded as one of the best defensive line coaches in the league which to me is our biggest weakness, so sign me up 

After George Edwards was fired, I was hoping we'd kick the tires on him. I don't know just how involved he was as Zimmers guy. But the defense seemed to fall off the cliff after he left.

I have to imagine that Fangio is also an option, unless there's reasons he wouldn't be.

Ejiro Evero is my choice, but I'm afraid the Broncos will hold on to him until the Head Coach position is settled, or he gets the Colts or Texans Head Coaching job he's already interviewed for. He and KOC worked on the Ram's staff together. I'm fine with Desai, Flores, or Nielsen as a Consolation Prize. 

I voted _onatell just to screw with the tally. 

Quote: @TBro said:
Ejiro Evero is my choice, but I'm afraid the Broncos will hold on to him until the Head Coach position is settled, or he gets the Colts or Texans Head Coaching job he's already interviewed for. He and KOC worked on the Ram's staff together. I'm fine with Desai, Flores, or Nielsen as a Consolation Prize. 
That's where I am leaning now.

Quote: @medaille said:
I have to imagine that Fangio is also an option, unless there's reasons he wouldn't be.
Was wondering about that too. He's probably the top option for a lot of teams. But he doesn't appear to be making the rounds like the others, talking to only a few select teams. There's also talk he might end up wherever Sean Payton goes. 

Of course Fangio was Donatell's mentor, so for better or worse, he might install the same damn defense. Probably manage it better, but still, I don't think that would sit well with a lot of Viking fans. 

I want to write in Jimmy.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@medaille said:
Was wondering about that too. He's probably the top option for a lot of teams. But he doesn't appear to be making the rounds like the others, talking to only a few select teams. There's also talk he might end up wherever Sean Payton goes. 

Of course Fangio was Donatell's mentor, so for better or worse, he might install the same damn defense. Probably manage it better, but still, I don't think that would sit well with a lot of Viking fans. 
Maybe he'll be more open if the Eagles lose or in the bye week before super bowl?