Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking about that QBOTF...
Don't really have any specific argument and I realize I am no expert on QB skill sets but for some reason he doesn't impress me.

If he's that good why would Shanahan want to trade him. Are Purdy and Garapollo or even Cousins better options? If they are it'd be a pretty dumb move by Kwesi and KOC, wouldn't it?

Lance was a running QB at NDSU that also had a strong arm.  The Bison never relied on passing and probably half the time Lance would drop back, he'd end up running the ball.  He was a great FCS QB, but that doesn't mean he's going to be an NFL QB that can make accurate throws on passing downs 20 to 30 times a game.  Like Wentz before him, no way would I trust either of them to be great passing QBs in the NFL.  Neither of those guys should've been drafted before the 4th round, IMO, and I thought that before they were drafted.

I see some low level buzz about Tanner McKee of Stanford and Minnesota out there in the world. 

Quote: @Skodin said:
Cousins for Lance, I would sacrifice another potential wild card round experience for a QB with promise of a brighter future.  How long realistically will SF's window be open?  Deebo taking a lot of shots, Kittle is slowing down, holding that defense and staff together is going to be impossible.  Kyle, come get your boy.

Young, fit, great legs with a big . . .  arm.  Could be magical and would help out a OL that won't ever be perfect.

Bring Lance home! 
Cousins for Lance would never happen. Vikings are not going to saddle JJ with an unproven QB. But could the Vikings consider trading 23 for Lance and have him sit and learn for a year or two under Kirk? Yeah, I could see that. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I see some low level buzz about Tanner McKee of Stanford and Minnesota out there in the world. 
He's a classic pocket passer. Nothing wrong with that, but won't extend plays with his feet. Essentially, Kirko 2.0.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
Cousins for Lance, I would sacrifice another potential wild card round experience for a QB with promise of a brighter future.  How long realistically will SF's window be open?  Deebo taking a lot of shots, Kittle is slowing down, holding that defense and staff together is going to be impossible.  Kyle, come get your boy.

Young, fit, great legs with a big . . .  arm.  Could be magical and would help out a OL that won't ever be perfect.

Bring Lance home! 
Cousins for Lance would never happen. Vikings are not going to saddle JJ with an unproven QB. But could the Vikings consider trading 23 for Lance and have him sit and learn for a year or two under Kirk? Yeah, I could see that. 
You're crazy if you think the Vikings are giving up a 1st for a guy who can't  break into the starting lineup behind Garapollo and Mr. Irrelevant. Trey Lance has 4th-5th rd. value based on his lack of development.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:

Bring Lance home! 
You're crazy if you think the Vikings are giving up a 1st for a guy who can't  break into the starting lineup behind Garapollo and Mr. Irrelevant. Trey Lance has 4th-5th rd. value based on his lack of development.
LOL. No, I'm not crazy, though my kids might disagree. Yes, I think teams will consider giving up a 20-50 pick for Lance. His lack of playing time actually argues both for and against a high pick. Against because you don't know yet if he can play in the NFL. For because you don't yet know if he can't. 

Either way, the point is likely moot. I doubt the 49ers trade him. I think they'd be fools for trading him. Because if you think Brock Purdy is now the future of the franchise in SF based on one half season, you're crazier than you think I am. :-)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:

Bring Lance home! 
LOL. No, I'm not crazy, though my kids might disagree. Yes, I think teams will consider giving up a 20-50 pick for Lance. His lack of playing time actually argues both for and against a high pick. Against because you don't know yet if he can play in the NFL. For because you don't yet know if he can't. 

Either way, the point is likely moot. I doubt the 49ers trade him. I think they'd be fools for trading him. Because if you think Brock Purdy is now the future of the franchise in SF based on one half season, you're crazier than you think I am. :-)

Between Purdy and Lance, I know who's draft value is higher by about 3 rds.  

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:

Bring Lance home! 

Between Purdy and Lance, I know who's draft value is higher by about 3 rds.  
I'd say neither have a definitive trade value at this point. 

Neither is probably going anywhere with their rookie contracts, but Purdy's performance (including playoffs) sets his value way ahead of Lance, and it's not particularly close.