Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed Donatell....bub bye
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
This sums it up though [Image: ivrrm3e0c5l7.jpg]
E_, you're fire_!

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/16...iQ0V2rWCkQ&s=19

I'm thinking we won't hear anything about Donatell until then

I'm no longer convinced they're going to let _onatell go..

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'm getting a little worried myself. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Nope, he'll get another year.

I think they are letting a respectable amount of time pass before firing him so it does not look like they are pinning the loss entirely on Donatell. KOC and KAM strike me as really decent people and probably figure that whether he gets fired today or next week makes no difference to the team while waiting a week allows Donatell to save face at least a little bit. But I don't think they are not going to let Donatell screw their first opportunity to run a team as GM and HC. They are not THAT nice . . . or stupid.

Quote: @dadevike said:
I think they are letting a respectable amount of time pass before firing him so it does not look like they are pinning the loss entirely on Donatell. KOC and KAM strike me as really decent people and probably figure that whether he gets fired today or next week makes no difference to the team while waiting a week allows Donatell to save face at least a little bit. But I don't think they are not going to let Donatell screw their first opportunity to run a team as GM and HC. They are not THAT nice . . . or stupid.
I do hope that is all they are doing.  i have this concern that KOC is such a great guy that he does not kick a$$ and is delinquent in making tough decisions when they need to be made.  i have heard a number of people say that Ed should have been fired at the bye.

Quote: @dadevike said:
I agree this is likely. they will do a comprehensive review, do a regression analysis cost benefit plan, and check the PE Ratio before making a determination. Smile. thats for you Supa Wink

I think there’s some amount of shared responsibility in that
KAM and KOC picked Donatell because they wanted the Fangio defensive
scheme.  Then between the 3 of them they
determined which players they needed to run the scheme and got whatever they
felt was needed to have whatever amount of success they were expecting to
have.  Then at the end of the year Fangio
defenses around the league have been struggling because the scheme has been
figured out, Ring of Honor caliber players who are known for their intelligence
like Smith and Kendricks look like they’ve fallen off a cliff.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some
amount of investigation required in determining how much responsibility needed
to be doled out to 1)  Bad initial scheme
choice 2)  Better player scheme fit  3)  Players
that just got old  4)  Donatell sucks as a DC.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re trying to
hash out if Donatell was given better talent, and they chose a different
scheme, would he be able to coach the defense to an adequate level and if they
got rid of him, what caliber of DC would they be able to bring in to replace
him.