Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the fuck
Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
Meh

You’re going to blame another thing on Kirk? Was anyone else open? Had he thrown a pick, you’d be pissed about that too.

Had they won, you’d be pissed when SF blew them out next week. 
It was a good season with a lot of fun games. Super Bowl wasn’t even thought of at the end of last season or the beginning of the year.

The defense let this team down, not Kirk’s last throw. At the very least, question the right things. Kirk’s play this entire year kept them in games when the defense shit the bed.
Offense was outscored the first 3 quarters all year,  the D giving up points doesn't prevent the O from answering,  all year the blame has been on the D,  but the O has repeatedly failed to answer the bell until they are down a couple score and forced to get aggressive,   some of that is play calling,  but some of that is on Kirk and the rest of the O.  Remember when the damn O is going 3 and out for a quarter or more, its the D that pays the price and they didnt need any more challenges.
I guess giving up 31 points is no big deal then?  Or letting the opposing quarterback being almost the leading rusher?

And that stopped the O how?  How often does 24 points win a damn NFL game?  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
Meh

You’re going to blame another thing on Kirk? Was anyone else open? Had he thrown a pick, you’d be pissed about that too.

It was a good season with a lot of fun games. Super Bowl wasn’t even thought of at the end of last season or the beginning of the year.

The defense let this team down, not Kirk’s last throw. At the very least, question the right things. Kirk’s play this entire year kept them in games when the defense shit the bed.
Offense was outscored the first 3 quarters all year,  the D giving up points doesn't prevent the O from answering,  all year the blame has been on the D,  but the O has repeatedly failed to answer the bell until they are down a couple score and forced to get aggressive,   some of that is play calling,  but some of that is on Kirk and the rest of the O.  Remember when the damn O is going 3 and out for a quarter or more, its the D that pays the price and they didnt need any more challenges.
I guess giving up 31 points is no big deal then?  Or letting the opposing quarterback being almost the leading rusher?

If the defense holds the other team to 21 points...

@Riphawkins said:
Meh

Offense was outscored the first 3 quarters all year,  the D giving up points doesn't prevent the O from answering,  all year the blame has been on the D,  but the O has repeatedly failed to answer the bell until they are down a couple score and forced to get aggressive,   some of that is play calling,  but some of that is on Kirk and the rest of the O.  Remember when the damn O is going 3 and out for a quarter or more, it’s the D that pays the price and they didnt need any more challenges.
That’s a weird spin. But, I guess you’re entitled to saying what you want. 
I guess the offense is supposed to score every time they have the ball. Because every other team’s offense does that. The defense was hot garbage all year. They played well once in a while. 
I blame none of this game on the offense. The one questionable play call was the throw back to Cousins. But that wasn’t on Cousins.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
Meh

If the defense holds the other team to 21 points...

Thanks Zim,  how did that work for your career as a HC in the modern NFL?

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
Meh

Offense was outscored the first 3 quarters all year,  the D giving up points doesn't prevent the O from answering,  all year the blame has been on the D,  but the O has repeatedly failed to answer the bell until they are down a couple score and forced to get aggressive,   some of that is play calling,  but some of that is on Kirk and the rest of the O.  Remember when the damn O is going 3 and out for a quarter or more, it’s the D that pays the price and they didnt need any more challenges.
That’s a weird spin. But, I guess you’re entitled to saying what you want. 
I guess the offense is supposed to score every time they have the ball. Because every other team’s offense does that. The defense was hot garbage all year. They played well once in a while. 
I blame none of this game on the offense. The one questionable play call was the throw back to Cousins. But that wasn’t on Cousins.
Really?  None of it on the O?  Bradbury was on rollerskates all game once again,  wide open receivers go unnoticed,  play calls into the teeth of the defense...but those are defensive failures?  I am not ignoring how bad our defense was this year,   but lets not pretend that our O is not and has not been an issue far to often this year? 

The move to a 34 was a mistake given our personnel and that was known before the season started, and has been used as an excuse for our Os failure to play up to the opponent all season.  It was a nice first season for a new coaching staff,  but was it the best for the longterm success of the team?

slitting my wrists....wheres my electric razor?

We all knew how it would end.  we wouldnt get past the Niners

If anything, the offense needs to figure out what went wrong with regards to the run game this year. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
slitting my wrists....wheres my electric razor?

We all knew how it would end.  we wouldnt get past the Niners
No doubt, it was a great year, but the 49ers are on a different level. 

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Meh

Last play on fourth down which determines the end of the season.  Why not throw beyond the yard of gain?  May have a low probability of success with a longer throw but a pass well short of the sticks also has a low probability.  IMO, a bad decision.

I would have watched the game against the 49er's but would give the MV a low probability of winning.  SF is simply a better team.

Today's game was lost by our inept defense.  The DC has gotta go and we need definitely need some new talent on the D side.  KOC and KAM have their work cut out for them.  Keeping the current DC will piss off a lot of fans...

@Riphawkins said:
Meh

2 of the 4 regular season losses the opponents scored 40 or more. The Lions hung 34 on us.  Losing to the Eagles 2nd rated defense at the beginning of the season is understandable.

Expecting this offense to keep answering the bell is a nice thought, but not realistic. The other teams also have defenses, and this offense would have to be near perfect. Of the teams still in playoff contention, 6 are in the top 10 defensively. Having the 31st rated defense makes it hard for me fathom this team actually won 13 games.