Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the fuck
I really can't belive that last fucking throw

Really, WTF...

As good as Cousins played most of the game, he will be remembered by a Checkdown Pass that had no chance for a first down. Game over. Baffling. 

Meh

You’re going to blame another thing on Kirk? Was anyone else open? Had he thrown a pick, you’d be pissed about that too.

Had they won, you’d be pissed when SF blew them out next week. 
It was a good season with a lot of fun games. Super Bowl wasn’t even thought of at the end of last season or the beginning of the year.

The defense let this team down, not Kirk’s last throw. At the very least, question the right things. Kirk’s play this entire year kept them in games when the defense shit the bed.

Defense was terrible.

Kirk was great.

Giants out played us. 

Kirk’s last throw/decision was terrible.

These things are all true. This sucks. 

I’ve grown to like Cousins much more this year and I’m ok with him starting next year. Regardless, the Vikings should still be drafting a QB this year. Need to plan for the future and I think KOC could do a really good job developing a young QB.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Meh

You’re going to blame another thing on Kirk? Was anyone else open? Had he thrown a pick, you’d be pissed about that too.

It was a good season with a lot of fun games. Super Bowl wasn’t even thought of at the end of last season or the beginning of the year.

The defense let this team down, not Kirk’s last throw. At the very least, question the right things. Kirk’s play this entire year kept them in games when the defense shit the bed.
Offense was outscored the first 3 quarters all year,  the D giving up points doesn't prevent the O from answering,  all year the blame has been on the D,  but the O has repeatedly failed to answer the bell until they are down a couple score and forced to get aggressive,   some of that is play calling,  but some of that is on Kirk and the rest of the O.  Remember when the damn O is going 3 and out for a quarter or more, its the D that pays the price and they didnt need any more challenges.

I don’t think it’s the defense that killed us. I think it was the defensive coordinator. How many times did we blitz? Once? When we actually got a sack? We had the players all year on defense. But we didn’t have was a coordinator.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
Meh

Offense was outscored the first 3 quarters all year,  the D giving up points doesn't prevent the O from answering,  all year the blame has been on the D,  but the O has repeatedly failed to answer the bell until they are down a couple score and forced to get aggressive,   some of that is play calling,  but some of that is on Kirk and the rest of the O.  Remember when the damn O is going 3 and out for a quarter or more, its the D that pays the price and they didnt need any more challenges.
I guess giving up 31 points is no big deal then?  Or letting the opposing quarterback being almost the leading rusher?

The defense killed us period. Not enough plays on offense because the defense couldn't get stops. Hockenson had a great game but not much for Jefferson in the second half. Thielen was watching Hockenson try to get a first down and gave up on a screen to Dalvin and did nothing. And that attempt at a jet sweep with Jefferson throwing it back to Cousins with no blockers, I just can't. But the defense gave up a shit ton of yards again but got no turnovers.