Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope He Finds A New Job

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status...bVtz_VBGpA&s=19
I pick the Panthers 

Arizona has already said they are letting Kyle have input into the next coach,  who needs that fucking kind of enabling shit,  Murray has done nothing in the league and he gets his ego stroked like that?  No thanks.

The broncos have limited picks and their own head case QB situation,  not to mention horse face....hard pass.

The texans....well its in the name,  Texas.  Nothing will ever be good enough in Texas when it comes to football.

The colts would be a decent job,  but something about that job seems like fools gold.  This would be my second pick though.

After the bucs take out jerruhs gurls I fully expect there to be one more opening.  I also wonder how much longer things stay the same in Seattle. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I pick the Panthers 

Arizona has already said they are letting Kyle have input into the next coach,  who needs that fucking kind of enabling shit,  Murray has done nothing in the league and he gets his ego stroked like that?  No thanks.

The broncos have limited picks and their own head case QB situation,  not to mention horse face....hard pass.

The texans....well its in the name,  Texas.  Nothing will ever be good enough in Texas when it comes to football.

The colts would be a decent job,  but something about that job seems like fools gold.  This would be my second pick though.

After the bucs take out jerruhs gurls I fully expect there to be one more opening.  I also wonder how much longer things stay the same in Seattle. 
You're forgetting probably the most important thing. Houston has the 2nd overall pick in the draft and will be taking a QB. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I pick the Panthers 

You're forgetting probably the most important thing. Houston has the 2nd overall pick in the draft and will be taking a QB. 
I dont build a football team QB first.   As bad as those teams are I would focus on building dominant OL and DL,  add LBs and QB next,  and then look for DBs and WRs.  In my interview I would let ownership know that winning the trenches is the key to long term success and that even an average QB can look like a star with quality protection,  and a dominant DL can cover up for a lot of defensive mistakes.   IMO thats how to win football games.  I would likely be looking at trading out of that 2nd overall to add about 2 or 3 more first rounders and at least that many more day 2 picks  to get those lines built up year one.

Imo the only teams that should consider themselves only a qb away and drafting one that early are those with already solid OL and DL.

Ownership in Indy, Arizona and Houston is crap.  The QB is a head case and the GM is neutered in Denver.  Panthers need a QB and pick 9th.  Good luck to whoever takes the jobs.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Ownership in Indy, Arizona and Houston is crap.  The QB is a head case and the GM is neutered in Denver.  Panthers need a QB and pick 9th.  Good luck to whoever takes the jobs.
WTF happened in Indy? Honestly thought they’d be better and seemed to be on the right track. Their owner is bipolar. He thinks he knows football, but is honestly just a drunk. That whole family is out there.

Arizona will be Arizona until new ownership comes around, if that ever happens. They are the Bears of the West, ownership sucks.

Denver, couldn’t happen to a better franchise. Horse teeth Elway can suck it. Never liked the guy, and now Walmart money is involved. I was never a Wilson fan, so he’s a good fit there as far as I’m concerned.
As much as Houston has been bad, the Watson thing was hanging over their head for a few seasons. Maybe they can get their heads out of their asses and be better.

Panthers have shown that they cared in the past, but have made some bad decisions since the Super Bowl loss.

I think I’d probably take Indy or Carolina if I got to choose. @JimmyinSD said:
Quote:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I pick the Panthers 

I dont build a football team QB first.   As bad as those teams are I would focus on building dominant OL and DL,  add LBs and QB next,  and then look for DBs and WRs.  In my interview I would let ownership know that winning the trenches is the key to long term success and that even an average QB can look like a star with quality protection,  and a dominant DL can cover up for a lot of defensive mistakes.   IMO thats how to win football games.  I would likely be looking at trading out of that 2nd overall to add about 2 or 3 more first rounders and at least that many more day 2 picks  to get those lines built up year one.

Imo the only teams that should consider themselves only a qb away and drafting one that early are those with already solid OL and DL.
I think the thought process is good Jimmy, but fans and ownership want instant success. 

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@comet52 said:
WTF happened in Indy? Honestly thought they’d be better and seemed to be on the right track. Their owner is bipolar. He thinks he knows football, but is honestly just a drunk. That whole family is out there.

Arizona will be Arizona until new ownership comes around, if that ever happens. They are the Bears of the West, ownership sucks.

Denver, couldn’t happen to a better franchise. Horse teeth Elway can suck it. Never liked the guy, and now Walmart money is involved. I was never a Wilson fan, so he’s a good fit there as far as I’m concerned.
As much as Houston has been bad, the Watson thing was hanging over their head for a few seasons. Maybe they can get their heads out of their asses and be better.

Panthers have shown that they cared in the past, but have made some bad decisions since the Super Bowl loss.

I think I’d probably take Indy or Carolina if I got to choose. @JimmyinSD said:
Quote:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I pick the Panthers 

I think the thought process is good Jimmy, but fans and ownership want instant success. 
Them im not the man for those teams that can't get out of their own way.  I think the biggest reason we see so many failures from early round QBs is they are put on teams with no investment in OL and they are forced into bad situations to early in their careers.  Give them a year to mentor,  amd put them behind a quality line and then let's see how a young qb develops.