Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos to Duke Shelley

The cynic in me wants to point out thatSad1) he was burnt on the play and a good throw results in a TD; and (2) the pick cost us 30+ yards as it was 4th down. 

Duke is the man. And he's going to get a contract to stay a Viking. 

But......his INT was because of a really poorly thrown football. His man had zoomed right past him and with a better throw would have been a long TD. And he cost the team big yardage on that 4th down as PB said above, lol. But YOLO!!

Not bad for two cornerbacks thrown away by two other teams. Smile

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Duke is the man. And he's going to get a contract to stay a Viking. 

But......his INT was because of a really poorly thrown football. His man had zoomed right past him and with a better throw would have been a long TD. And he cost the team big yardage on that 4th down as PB said above, lol. But YOLO!!
While I agree, I will say that there are a lot of INTs that were the result of a poorly thrown ball, or the player being in the right place at the right time.

Luck, or good fortune plays into a lot of players doing something well on the field. Do you think every Patrick Peterson or Paul Krause INT was a spectacular play by them? PP’s INT was a bad ball, thrown right to him. 

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Not bad for two cornerbacks thrown away by two other teams. Smile
Yes. Much better than the endless list of top picks at the position that didn't do much.