Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago tells Bears.... not so fast!
Quote: @1VikesFan said:
I thought Arlington Heights was pretty much a done deal.  Did I miss something?
They are getting close to closing on the land,  but as of now it's still a wide open game and I'm sure all that really matters is what makes the team the most money,  fans are sheep,  they will go along with whatever they get.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
No mention of the fact that they are still land locked with horrible parking/tailgating area and are within city limits of ridiculous hotel/food/taxes. A destination area with more reasonably priced accommodations and restaurants with parking in the burbs with less headaches and crime makes another reinvention of Soldier Field a lot less inviting.  
Sounds like many of the the same arguments made against the  metrodome site 10+ years ago, but we know how that ended.
I think a lot of longtime Bears fans have had it with the city. Frankly, they've had it with their ownership. Think of the political climate change in the last 10 yrs. Chicago isn't in a good spot all the way around. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
No mention of the fact that they are still land locked with horrible parking/tailgating area and are within city limits of ridiculous hotel/food/taxes. A destination area with more reasonably priced accommodations and restaurants with parking in the burbs with less headaches and crime makes another reinvention of Soldier Field a lot less inviting.  
Sounds like many of the the same arguments made against the  metrodome site 10+ years ago, but we know how that ended.
I think a lot of longtime Bears fans have had it with the city. Frankly, they've had it with their ownership. Think of the political climate change in the last 10 yrs. Chicago isn't in a good spot all the way around. 
a lot of our fans were done with downtown,  but when push came to shove they all decided a new stadium was more important than the rest of the wants ( ie: parking, tailgating, etc )  I suspect that since the ownership in this case doesnt have LA to hold over the cities head,  the fans know they arent in danger of possibly losing their franchise so would be less willing to settle than our fan base was,  but none the less,  if they ended up with that thing where soldier is now,  they will be there.

Fans dont have a say unfortunately...

I lived in Chicago for a while and the more you try to figure out how deals get done, the more you realize that you don't really want to watch the sausage being made.

I'm sure that wherever they end up, the McCaskeys will find themselves smothered in finger lickin' good public stadium cash gravy.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
I lived in Chicago for a while and the more you try to figure out how deals get done, the more you realize that you don't really want to watch the sausage being made.
[Image: f9037a2a-2553-490e-9b72-52b09d632e31_text.gif]