Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFC Championship Games
I saw this and thought it was interesting:

Every team in the current NFC has reached at least one conference title game, and only one team has failed to represent the conference in a Super Bowl. Here is each team listed by NFC Championship Game appearances:
1. San Francisco 49ers: 17 (7-9)
2. Dallas Cowboys: 14 (8-6)
3. Los Angeles Rams: 11 (4-6)
T-4. Green Bay Packers: 9 (3-6)
T-4. Minnesota Vikings: 9 (3-6)
6. Philadelphia Eagles: 7 (3-4)
7. Washington Football Team: 6 (5-1)
T-8. New York Giants: 5 (5-0)
T-8. Chicago Bears: 5 (2-3)
T-10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 4 (2-2)
T-10. Carolina Panthers: 4 (2-2)
T-10. Atlanta Falcons: 4 (2-2)
13. Seattle Seahawks: 3 (3-0)
14. New Orleans Saints: 3 (1-2)
15. Arizona Cardinals: 2 (1-1)
16. Detroit Lions: 1 (0-1)

I dont need much from the football gods anymore...

Just let me enjoy 1 SB win, huh???

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Not sure how old you are but If you would have told me as a 10 year soon to be 11 year old watching the Raiders destroy the Vikings that I would be in my 50s sitting here 46 years later and never seeing the Vikings even GET there again.

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@purplefaithful said:

Not sure how old you are but If you would have told me as a 10 year soon to be 11 year old watching the Raiders destroy the Vikings that I would be in my 50s sitting here 46 years later and never seeing the Vikings even GET there again.

I was 17 when the Raiduh's played the Vikings @ the Rose Bowl...And SB's were the expected norm back then. I thought you played in that game! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Chuckf said:
@purplefaithful said:

I was 17 when the Raiduh's played the Vikings @ the Rose Bowl...And SB's were the expected norm back then. I thought you played in that game! 
I only watched the later three Super Bowls but it surprised me when Carl Eller said that the game they thought they matched up the best with and hence the best chance of winning was the Raiders game.  They were rooting for the Raiders to beat the Steelers that day after they beat the Rams.  You would think a 13-1 team would be tougher than the 10-4 Steelers but when you look how the Raiders won a lot of games in 1976 it kind of makes sense.   Defense was ranked 12th out of 28 teams in points given up, Vikings were ranked 2nd.  Raiders won a LOT of games by the skin of their teeth to medicore teams.  18-14 at home vs. Packers, 28-27 vs Bears, 14-13 over the Oilers.   They were not nearly the juggernaut I always thought they were that season.   A hell of a lot of luck just like this year's Vikings team