Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Official, Bill Belichick is Medicocre
Take away Tom Brady and his nearly 30 yr. head coaching career likely would have been been cut by at least 15 yrs. and 6 super bowls. 

Allowed aKickoff returned for TD today, twice.

The way the raiders vs Patriots ended.....

I wanna see if heads are gonna roll.

Maybe belli cheat has gone soft?

There have been rumors that Kraft wants to cut ties with him.  Wonder if now is the time?  

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Take away Tom Brady and his nearly 30 yr. head coaching career likely would have been been cut by at least 15 yrs. and 6 super bowls. 
Mediocre , or lucky?
Bud Grant always said, " Players make coaches."

That's all it is.

It's not all Tom Brady. Brady had all day to throw behind those offensive lines, most of the time. And when he didn't, he could get the ball out quick. Brady had the best pre snap and post snap recognition of any QB in history. Belichek was fortunate to have him. But he also managed to acquire a great defense and special teams to go with his offense.

So maybe he wasn't mediocre or lucky. Maybe he was great and he no longer has the players to make him a great coach. Just a thought.

Bud was right.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Mediocre , or lucky?
Bud Grant always said, " Players make coaches."

That's all it is.

It's not all Tom Brady. Brady had all day to throw behind those offensive lines, most of the time. And when he didn't, he could get the ball out quick. Brady had the best pre snap and post snap recognition of any QB in history. Belichek was fortunate to have him. But he also managed to acquire a great defense and special teams to go with his offense.

So maybe he wasn't mediocre or lucky. Maybe he was great and he no longer has the players to make him a great coach. Just a thought.

Bud was right.
He is selecting the players so if they are lacking talent it's on him. That and his rather strange assistant coaching choices make me  think it might be time for Belichick to hang it up. 

I would gladly accept his super bowl trophies.

Obviously Brady is a cheat code, but no QB is getting 6
rings with subpar coaches and talent around them and very few coaches are going
to the super bowl with a mediocre QB. 
Its just really hard to be good with a mediocre QB.  It’s why I think it’s so important to keep
drafting QBs until you get an elite one. 
There’s a lot of magic to the combination of a good HC and an elite QB.  It’s not pure randomness that Brady chose Ariens
and the Bucs.  He didn’t just trust his
legacy to some random HC.  That said, I
think the secret sauce is having a process for maximizing the potential of the
QBs you got and then filling the pipeline until one starts to shine a lot.  A lot of QBs wither on the vine in the wrong
circumstances, and maybe put into the right circumstances would have blossomed
into an elite QB.

Quote: @medaille said:
Obviously Brady is a cheat code, but no QB is getting 6
rings with subpar coaches and talent around them and very few coaches are going
to the super bowl with a mediocre QB. 
Its just really hard to be good with a mediocre QB.  It’s why I think it’s so important to keep
drafting QBs until you get an elite one. 
There’s a lot of magic to the combination of a good HC and an elite QB.  It’s not pure randomness that Brady chose Ariens
and the Bucs.  He didn’t just trust his
legacy to some random HC.  That said, I
think the secret sauce is having a process for maximizing the potential of the
QBs you got and then filling the pipeline until one starts to shine a lot.  A lot of QBs wither on the vine in the wrong
circumstances, and maybe put into the right circumstances would have blossomed
into an elite QB.
Arians at least made it to a conference championship game without Brady. Bellichick has never won a division before or since Brady, and has made the playoffs only 2 out of 9 years w/o Brady. Look at their average wins per season w/o Brady. Hardly elite.