Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Media
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Chuckf said:
@Chuckf said:
Packer had to come back to win vs Chicago and Miami and beat a decimated Rams team in the last three weeks and now we hear Tua was concussed late in the first half yesterday and they are being crowned as “a scary team nobody wants to play”.  it’s laughable.  Rodgers didnt play overly well in any of these games, certainly not the player he was 5 years ago.
And, this didn't age well.  SMH
Hey Chuck...Not sure if you're comfortable addressing this on a forum or not?

What are your thoughts (as a player) regarding what happened with Hamlin and how the league has managed it so far? to-date it seems like the league is handling it well, I fully expect them to step in some poop at some point. 

There is no way to handle this without angering somebody.  Terrible thing that happened but I have seen players paralyzed on live TV, Stingley Utley, Shazier, and Byrd same with college games, they never suspended or canceled the game, not sure if that was the right thing to do or not.  It is a tough call but the game MUST be played out, there are too many variables that HAVE to play out for the league here.  It is unfortunate but if it isn't played out somebody is going to rightly feel screwed.  Lets all be thankful Hamlin is alive and at least stable at this time.  

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Chuckf said:
@Chuckf said:
Packer had to come back to win vs Chicago and Miami and beat a decimated Rams team in the last three weeks and now we hear Tua was concussed late in the first half yesterday and they are being crowned as “a scary team nobody wants to play”.  it’s laughable.  Rodgers didnt play overly well in any of these games, certainly not the player he was 5 years ago.

What are your thoughts (as a player) regarding what happened with Hamlin and how the league has managed it so far? to-date it seems like the league is handling it well, I fully expect them to step in some poop at some point. 

There is no way to handle this without angering somebody.  Terrible thing that happened but I have seen players paralyzed on live TV, Stingley Utley, Shazier, and Byrd same with college games, they never suspended or canceled the game, not sure if that was the right thing to do or not.  It is a tough call but the game MUST be played out, there are too many variables that HAVE to play out for the league here.  It is unfortunate but if it isn't played out somebody is going to rightly feel screwed.  Lets all be thankful Hamlin is alive and at least stable at this time.  
at this point though,  how do you finish that game and still have their games for this coming final week, pushing things back further only screws the teams in week one of the playoffs.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Chuckf said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Chuckf said:
@Chuckf said:

at this point though,  how do you finish that game and still have their games for this coming final week, pushing things back further only screws the teams in week one of the playoffs.
Great question.