Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff @ Cincy - Not Good!
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
these guys are in the 20's and 30's....Seeing something like that right b4 their eyes is pretty traumatic. 

Who here couldn't help but think about Big K through this?

[Image: Korey-Vikings.jpg]
Plenty of people at all ages that have never seen trauma, or medical emergencies up close,  its one of the things that makes being a first responder difficult is dealing with those that are looking on and seem to be in the way,  they havent experienced this type of stuff before and dont have the emotional calluses,  of course that goes both ways, sometimes people think responders are soulless or dont care,  but part of that is familiarity,  part is process ( making sure to focus on the patient,  not the loved ones) but part of it is for self preservation and to be able to do that job again tomorrow or when ever the bell rings again. 

by the way... if you are ever around an EMS situation..... please leave your phone in your pocket,  or at least dont press charges when a first responder smacks it out of your hands and brings a boot down on it.  nothing pisses me off more than  finding video or pictures of our calls on facebook or other.  personally I think posting that kind of shit should be illegal and people should be publicly flogged for taking and disseminating those types of things.

Yup, trauma hits all ages for sure...

Our EMS staffers have gone through so much the past few years and its still harder than heck for them.  I know you know this first hand too. 

Happy new year buddy and best wishes to you and your family in 23. 

you too brother!
Hit me up if you're coming to USB for a playoff game...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
these guys are in the 20's and 30's....Seeing something like that right b4 their eyes is pretty traumatic. 

Plenty of people at all ages that have never seen trauma, or medical emergencies up close,  its one of the things that makes being a first responder difficult is dealing with those that are looking on and seem to be in the way,  they havent experienced this type of stuff before and dont have the emotional calluses,  of course that goes both ways, sometimes people think responders are soulless or dont care,  but part of that is familiarity,  part is process ( making sure to focus on the patient,  not the loved ones) but part of it is for self preservation and to be able to do that job again tomorrow or when ever the bell rings again. 

by the way... if you are ever around an EMS situation..... please leave your phone in your pocket,  or at least dont press charges when a first responder smacks it out of your hands and brings a boot down on it.  nothing pisses me off more than  finding video or pictures of our calls on facebook or other.  personally I think posting that kind of shit should be illegal and people should be publicly flogged for taking and disseminating those types of things.

Yup, trauma hits all ages for sure...

Our EMS staffers have gone through so much the past few years and its still harder than heck for them.  I know you know this first hand too. 

Happy new year buddy and best wishes to you and your family in 23. 

you too brother!
Hit me up if you're coming to USB for a playoff game...
not likely,  but I certainly will if I decide to make that trek again.

Anyone else think the NFL "wont try" and make up this game this late in the season? 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Anyone else think the NFL "wont try" and make up this game this late in the season? 
I dont know how they could if they didn't do it today. 

Promising news that Hamlin is now 50% on the ventilator and making improvements.  

The window for commotio cordis  is about 20 milliseconds. 

The average age of commotio cordis is 13.9 years old.  

Usually a hockey puck or baseball  is involved in the accident.

Way too early to rule things in or rule things out.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

Plus we dont pay EMS enough to have to deal with onlookers shit. Help before they get there if you’re comfortable doing so. But when the troops arrive. Get out of their way. 

Absolutely cannot agree more with the posts for EMTs - EMS
let them do their job, and stand the F back.  Someones trauma / fight for life is NOT A GODDAMN KODAK MOMENT.  Fucking ghouls.

Last season a player on the opposing team went down in a game, and they brought the ambulance onto the field - of course our boys took a knee....all except for a couple of “hot shots” who decided they wanted to take pictures of themselves on the sidelines throwing shakas.  I ripped them a new A-hole, Im not the HC, but if I was, those boys wouldnt have taken another snap. disgusting 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Absolutely cannot agree more with the posts for EMTs - EMS
let them do their job, and stand the F back.  Someones trauma / fight for life is NOT A GODDAMN KODAK MOMENT.  Fucking ghouls.

Last season a player on the opposing team went down in a game, and they brought the ambulance onto the field - of course our boys took a knee....all except for a couple of “hot shots” who decided they wanted to take pictures of themselves on the sidelines throwing shakas.  I ripped them a new A-hole, Im not the HC, but if I was, those boys wouldnt have taken another snap. disgusting 
Spot on.  During an EMS situation, or filming someone getting beat on, robbed, or whatever.  The video cams on phones have revealed the soullessness of so many people.