Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders bench Carr
They just signed the dude to a new contract in the Spring!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3533...m-vs-49ers
"Carr, who holds virtually every passing record in franchise history, had signed a three-year, $121.5 million contract extension in the spring, but he could be cut for a $5.625 million salary-cap hit if the move is made within three days of the Super Bowl. His $32.9 million salary for next year and $7.5 million of his 2024 salary would be fully guaranteed should he be injured.
Sources told Fowler that the Raiders made this move in part to maintain Carr's health and keep their options open this offseason, including for a potential trade. The sources did note that the option for Carr to return in 2023 is still on the table."

Trying to jump as many as 5 spots in the draft is what I read.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Trying to jump as many as 5 spots in the draft is what I read.
I think its a bullshit move against Carr, he hasn't played that badly other than sporadically. The Jets should see what's what with him in the offseason, might be a good fit. He's got a very good arm for outside football and the swirling winds in New Jersey. NYJ are ready to win now with a veteran QB. I think Carr would definitely benefit from a change of scenery. Not often a quality guy becomes available like this.

It's a money move and a change of scenery for Carr could be a good thing.

Yeah they want to keep him healthy so they don't have to pay him = benched. Sad how it ended there for him. I'm sure Indy or someone will come knockin'.
I do wonder who LV will look to at QB next season now though.

I think the Raiders have seen the QB market. The Wilsons, Mac Jones, Lance, Fields, even Tua now. Also the Panthers, Saints, Colts, etc., etc. A ton of teams desperate for a QB who might just send them a truck full of picks. 

But I'm the Raiders, I have the be thinking about what Washington did with Kirk Cousins. Everyone thinks we'll get rid of our fully capable QB, dump salary and draft the next superstar. Idiots. How's Dwayne Haskins working out? 

What a garbage move from a garbage franchise. Mark Melanoma is probably planning his next move with Sean Payton in mind.
[Image: p99xznkfauqv.jpg] 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1608...UqtJk3KC1Q&s=19
Riiiiight. Or....

"His $32.9 million salary for next year and $7.5 million of his 2024 salary would be fully guaranteed should he be injured."

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Riiiiight. Or....

"His $32.9 million salary for next year and $7.5 million of his 2024 salary would be fully guaranteed should he be injured."
^^^^ agree Sticky. Raiders agreed they don't want Carr injured.