Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On 1 Year Deals & Notable Viking FA's
  • Patrick Peterson (on a one-year, $4 million deal)
  • Garrett Bradbury
  • Greg Joseph
  • Chandon Sullivan
  • Alexander Mattison

If we can get PP back on another short term deal like this one, I'd do it.  Is he the All Pro he was in Arizona years ago?  No.  But he can still play and I'm a firm believer in keeping guys with his leadership around the locker room.

The rest I'm torn on... Sullivan has been solid, just not sure what his market is.  Bradbury has played better but do we need a beefier guy in the middle?  If the price is too steep, you go another direction especially when we'll be tight against the cap again in 2023.  Also Mattison is a starter and is going to get paid, just not going to be here unless we cut Dalvin (which I don't think we will).  I liked what I saw from Chandler and think he can step in as the top backup at RB.  Joseph...  love the 61 yarder and the other game winning kicks, but he's not irreplaceable.  If we can get him on a low money deal, sure.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
If we can get PP back on another short term deal like this one, I'd do it.  Is he the All Pro he was in Arizona years ago?  No.  But he can still play and I'm a firm believer in keeping guys with his leadership around the locker room.

The rest I'm torn on... Sullivan has been solid, just not sure what his market is.  Bradbury has played better but do we need a beefier guy in the middle?  If the price is too steep, you go another direction especially when we'll be tight against the cap again in 2023.  Also Mattison is a starter and is going to get paid, just not going to be here unless we cut Dalvin (which I don't think we will).  I liked what I saw from Chandler and think he can step in as the top backup at RB.  Joseph...  love the 61 yarder and the other game winning kicks, but he's not irreplaceable.  If we can get him on a low money deal, sure.
Agreed. Its very possible they are all gone except PP on another short deal. JJ, Darrisaw, etc. all need to get paid in short order. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
  • Patrick Peterson (on a one-year, $4 million deal)
  • Garrett Bradbury
  • Greg Joseph
  • Chandon Sullivan
  • Alexander Mattison
Peterson - Only on an even cheaper 1-year deal. 
Bradbury - Yes, for 2nd tier money. If he starts getting 1st tier attention, Vikings might be screwed.
Joseph - This could be the toughest one. He's going to get some attention, but is he worth a market contract that precludes competition? I don't think so. 
Sullivan - No. This should be Shelley's job in '23. 
Mattison - No. Job is Chandler's now. 

Peterson - Yes, on a short-term deal. Considering his play he could have some unique opportunities next off-season
Bradbury - Need to think on it. Doesn't necessarily directly relate to the player, but if they want to eventually re-sign Ezra that might get tight 
Joseph - Yes. Barring a late season collapse. He won't break the bank but I'd just stop messing with the kicker situation 
Sullivan - Yes, if he will come back on the vet minimum. Wouldn't preclude them from trying up upgrade. 
Mattison - Maybe. Leaning "no" since he'll have better opportunities. They could stagger the extension in a way that lets them decide in 2024 if they want to turn the full-time job over to him. 

There's definitely going to be some roster holes that will need to be addressed this offseason. Depending on how things play out with some of the names listed in this thread, we are looking at the following;
1. Interior DL2. Center (Bradbury?)3. Corner (Peterson?)4. Receiver (Thielen contract?)5. Quarterback 
We have a potential contract out with Thielen after this season. The decision comes down to taking a 16.5 million dead cap hit next season and getting out of the contract, or staying on the hook for 2023 and 2024 where his cap hit will be 19 amd 21 million dollars. I'm sure money will get moved around in same facet. Geoff, any thoughts here?