Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be honest here....
Watched the whole game.  I'm not really a leave early person, only done it a couple times.  When I have it's been later in the game as I want to see how they come out of the half, and by that time in this game, we were coming back and by the time we got our second score I was feeling really confident.

Quote: @medaille said:
Watched the whole game.  I'm not really a leave early person, only done it a couple times.  When I have it's been later in the game as I want to see how they come out of the half, and by that time in this game, we were coming back and by the time we got our second score I was feeling really confident.
following the pitiful first possession out of half had some people heading for their cars.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@medaille said:
following the pitiful first possession out of half had some people heading for their cars.
That was the killer for me. Up until then, mostly because Indy got a lot of unearned, unsustainable points in the 1st half, I honestly believed the Vikings could come back. 

But that made the comeback all the more impressive. Vikings didn't even get their first score until 8 minutes left in the 3rd. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@medaille said:
That was the killer for me. Up until then, mostly because Indy got a lot of unearned, unsustainable points in the 1st half, I honestly believed the Vikings could come back. 

But that made the comeback all the more impressive. Vikings didn't even get their first score until 8 minutes left in the 3rd. 
that one tested my resolve to never leave a game early,  my stubbornness was rewarded.

Turned off at the failed opening drive of the 2nd half, came back just before Thielen scored.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Turned off at the failed opening drive of the 2nd half, came back just before Thielen scored.
typically I can just about do a play by play in my head right after a game,  that one on sunday.... I couldnt tell you who scored when or in what order... it was such a flurry of emotion and action that its just one big loud blur in my head... and I didnt have a drop to drink that day either.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
typically I can just about do a play by play in my head right after a game,  that one on sunday.... I couldnt tell you who scored when or in what order... it was such a flurry of emotion and action that its just one big loud blur in my head... and I didnt have a drop to drink that day either.
[Image: right-dr-evil.gif]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
[Image: right-dr-evil.gif]
spent 8 hours Friday moving a foot of snow ( that was sitting on an inch of ice )  then my 3:15  drive into the cities on Saturday morning took 4:45 and it was white knuckle 4x4 driving about half the way,  no plans on staying the night...so no point in having one or two (especially since the way the first half+ went... I would have been in the bag by half time.)  hell I didnt even have one yesterday watching other games... I better have a couple tonight just to keep my tolerance up before the holidays.

I don't live in the Minnesota viewing area, so getting to watch a Viking game is a treat for me. But, there were a couple of bowl games being broadcasted at the same time & I was tempted to switch during halftime & again when they went 3 & out coming out if the half.

Here's a recap of the Indy comeback with percentage chance of winning displayed throughout.  Shows you how grim it really was...