Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be honest here....
How many of you tuned out early?

At any point in yesterday's game did you quit watching?  Even if you came back at the end,  how many saw the entire game?

Haven't willingly missed a snap in years. I say willingly because of things like the Dallas game where the network switched games.  But then I'm the kind of fan who typically watches every snap. Even 41-0 I watched the whole thing. 

I cant take the poll cause I couldn't watch the game live...

Lets just say I started watching the DVR at the start of the 3rd qtr, after hearing the shit show that was the 1st half. I dont need to witness that on top of my Viking mountain of trauma. 

The question I ask myself is, would I have stayed for the whole game if I was there? 30/donut at the 1/2 is too reminiscent of 41/0 and 31/8 NFCCG's of the past. 

Those are big triggering events for my fandom, it's 50/50 I would have left yesterday at the half. 

Now I did stay for Favre to Lewis and Keenum to Diggs...So there is some stupidity or bravery left in these bones. 

I couldn't believe what I was seeing in the first half and was too stunned to move and in the 2nd half I couldn't believe what I was seeing and still didn't move  =)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

At any point in yesterday's game did you quit watching?  Even if you came back at the end,  how many saw the entire game?
I watched the entire game.  Why? I have no idea...

I never left my spot in the stadium,   every single agonizing play in the first half and every nail-biting, clock watching, snap in the 2md half.  I did have a father and young son colts fans behind me that flew in from Baltimore for the game that made my misery more bearable in the first half since that poor kid got to see his team actually kicking ass,  so it was nice to see his joy,  felt kinda sick for him at the end though.   Thankfully his dad pulled the plug before our final drive in OT as nothing good was likely gonna happen for the colts at that point.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:

I watched the entire game.  Why? I have no idea...

Lol I did too. I couldn't fall asleep afterwards. I was still as pissed about the 2 tds taken away. Noticed again how they support each other when something goes wrong, Cousins went over to Reagor after stopping on his route and how Pat Pete and teammates and coach Daronte Jones trying to calm Sullivan down after the td was taken away. They rally around each other and it's awesome.

i never quit on any game.  I learned this early when i was at a college game and people left the stadium in the 3rd quarter.  Of coarse my team came back and won.
If all you want to see is your team win, thats fine but you miss out on the greatest games you could ever see.  Come backs are so sweet to live through and be there to enjoy with your fellow fans.

I lost interest and came back, but I was also at work delivering mail, and following via Kfan and CBS sports online.  My lovely wife did me a favor by stopping the dvr recording at halftime...