Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Zimmer
Officials said Friday that the death in late October in the Twin Cities of Adam Zimmer, a former Vikings defensive coordinator and son of ex-Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer, was caused by chronic alcohol abuse.
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office released the findings from its autopsy of the 38-year-old Zimmer, who was found dead in his Mendota Heights home on Oct. 31. At the time of his death, he was working remotely as an offensive analyst for the Cincinnati Bengals.
The medical examiner's office listed the cause of death as "complications of chronic ethanol use disorder" and the manner of death as natural. This disorder involves having to drink more to get the same effect or having withdrawal symptoms when you rapidly decrease or stop drinking, according to the Mayo Clinic.
Police officers were sent to Zimmer's home in the 2500 block of Condon Court in response to a request for a welfare check and located his body there.
https://www.startribune.com/ruling-alcohol-use-caused-death-of-adam-zimmer-son-of-ex-vikings-head-coach-mike-zimmer/600236484/

Holy shit. Don't you have to drink a ridiculous amount of alcohol to get to that point? 

So, so sad.

i would think there would be an increase in use / abuse for those working online from home.  Never really considered the implications, with more working from home / COVID.I cant imagine, no one should have to bury their child.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Holy shit. Don't you have to drink a ridiculous amount of alcohol to get to that point? 
Correct. I have worked with clients with alcohol related dementia, it's very sad. The Zimmer family has been through so much. This is absolutely tragic. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
i would think there would be an increase in use / abuse for those working online from home.  Never really considered the implications, with more working from home / COVID.I cant imagine, no one should have to bury their child.
Oh no doubt. It's had a HUGE impact.

Mental Health and substance abuse have risen during COVID. The change in socialization and sense of isolation has hit people hard. I worked a crisis line during the 1st year of the pandemic. We need to increase funding for resources. There are a lot of wounded people out there of all ages, races and socioeconomic status. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Mental Health and substance abuse have risen during COVID. The change in socialization and sense of isolation has hit people hard. I worked a crisis line during the 1st year of the pandemic. We need to increase funding for resources. There are a lot of wounded people out there of all ages, races and socioeconomic status. 
I agree with this.  Without sounding callous, what the hell did our leaders and everyone else think was going to happen?   The world would be in a much better position today if COVID had been treated like the flu.  Adam Zimmer likely had bigger demons than the lockdown, but for every Adam Zimmer, there are millions who are likely living with far diminished longevity and quality of life.  Common sense, and not Fauci imagined Draconian measures should have been implemented. 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@Vikergirl said:
I agree with this.  Without sounding callous, what the hell did our leaders and everyone else think was going to happen?   The world would be in a much better position today if COVID had been treated like the flu.  Adam Zimmer likely had bigger demons than the lockdown, but for every Adam Zimmer, there are millions who are likely living with far diminished longevity and quality of life.  Common sense, and not Fauci imagined Draconian measures should have been implemented. 
I don't know why you went there. Covid and the flu are not the same. Health and safety was the primary consideration but all decisions have consequences. I respect all the hard work and service that Dr. Fauci has given to this country. We have to do better moving forward. 

Bro probably had a much hard mental life than most would expect.  Lost his mother relatively young.  Father spent a lot of hours away from him due to his job, probably felt not enough because of his father's success.  Throw in a high stress demanding job and the acceptance of boozing by society.  

Probably was tanked.  Often