Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of Explosives on Offense
I read where Vikings are bottom 1/3rd in explosive plays (20+ more yards) this season

TJH will get you that 12, not the 22 or 33 yarders
- JJ avg yards per catch has gone up almost 5 yards since TJH arrived!

AT, KJO and Dalvin Cook - which of these will be here next season?
Cook, doesnt look like the same player anymore
AT doesnt look like the same player anymore
KJO - has not taken that step forward I was hoping for coming off last season

JJ - best player on the Vikings

Vikings are going to need to shed cap and add firepower to pair with JJ in future seasons

If I remember looking correctly at Cook's contract on overthecap, he isn't going anywhere.  The dead money was stupid.  I'm sure its similar to Theilen. 

This team is a playoff team.  It's just old

Agree About DC and AT

Between the Salary cap, aging players, and back to back bad drafts the Vikings are in a world of hurtn in the next couple seasons.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
If I remember looking correctly at Cook's contract on overthecap, he isn't going anywhere.  The dead money was stupid.  I'm sure its similar to Theilen. 

Unless I'm reading it wrong, Cook's dead cap hit if we move him this offseason is only $6M. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vi...ook-21782/

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
Agree About DC and AT

Between the Salary cap, aging players, and back to back bad drafts the Vikings are in a world of hurtn in the next couple seasons.
Wow, that's a lot of doom and gloom...even for someone who's "Still Hurtn." :-)

Aging players? Every team has aging players. Vikings have the 10th youngest roster in the NFL.

The '22 draft is incomplete due to injuries to 3 of the top 4 selections. Still, I feel confident that Asamoah will be a starting LB for us next season. And Ty Chandler is potentially our replacement for Cook. He was spectacular this summer. In limited action, Evans looks like a potential starter as well. Personally, I think he's the best looking rookie corner since Rhodes. Ingram is already a starter and should improve his 2nd season. If Booth and Cine come back healthy, that's a very good draft. We'll see...

Last year's draft, like all of them, had several misses, but it's also the draft in which we got Darrisaw, Patrick Jones, Kene Nwangwu and Cam Bynum. So a pro bowl level KR, a starting safety, a future starter in PJ2 and a very likely All Pro in CD. As drafts go, that ain't bad either. 

And while you may want to focus only on the negative, there should be some things that improve next year: Cousins in his 2nd season in KOC's offense. Another year together for the OL full of 1st and 2nd draft picks, some good young DBs.

This offseason, the Vikings defense has to do some shuffling around to get the players to match the scheme (or vice versa), especially in the front seven, but the Vikings will still be the team to beat in the North next year. 

I am sorry but how does this confirm these guys aren't the same players they were last year.  That level of dramatic drop for multiple players seems more like an issue with the game plan versus all of these players taking a setback.  

With the best WR in the game, a young pair of very good tackles, we barely go deep anymore despite having a guy that draws double teams.  Guys like Kene and Jaelen get a play a game.  They present dynamic talents to be utilized, why are we so limited.

There is too much talent on this team to be so inconsistent.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Still Hurtn said:
Agree About DC and AT

Aging players? Every team has aging players. Vikings have the 10th youngest roster in the NFL.

The '22 draft is incomplete due to injuries to 3 of the top 4 selections. Still, I feel confident that Asamoah will be a starting LB for us next season. And Ty Chandler is potentially our replacement for Cook. He was spectacular this summer. In limited action, Evans looks like a potential starter as well. Personally, I think he's the best looking rookie corner since Rhodes. Ingram is already a starter and should improve his 2nd season. If Booth and Cine come back healthy, that's a very good draft. We'll see...

Last year's draft, like all of them, had several misses, but it's also the draft in which we got Darrisaw, Patrick Jones, Kene Nwangwu and Cam Bynum. So a pro bowl level KR, a starting safety, a future starter in PJ2 and a very likely All Pro in CD. As drafts go, that ain't bad either. 

And while you may want to focus only on the negative, there should be some things that improve next year: Cousins in his 2nd season in KOC's offense. Another year together for the OL full of 1st and 2nd draft picks, some good young DBs.

This offseason, the Vikings defense has to do some shuffling around to get the players to match the scheme (or vice versa), especially in the front seven, but the Vikings will still be the team to beat in the North next year. 
Question regarding Cine.  Does anyone actually think he can come back?  Wasn't that a tib fib injury?

@AGRforever said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong, Cook's dead cap hit if we move him this offseason is only $6M. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vi...ook-21782/

Yup, I'm old and must have looked at it wrong.  $3m is very doable.  We're paying a similar number for Kyle Rodolph this year and 3X for Barr.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Still Hurtn said:
Agree About DC and AT

Question regarding Cine.  Does anyone actually think he can come back?  Wasn't that a tib fib injury?
I'm sure he'll be back. Sounds like the surgery was successful and eliminated some of the open-wound, infection concerns that might've jeopardized his career. But I suspect he's got a long recovery time, followed by months of conditioning. So I think it might be a little optimistic to think he'll be ready to go for training camp or even early in the season. 

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Still Hurtn said:
Agree About DC and AT

I'm sure he'll be back. Sounds like the surgery was successful and eliminated some of the open-wound, infection concerns that might've jeopardized his career. But I suspect he's got a long recovery time, followed by months of conditioning. So I think it might be a little optimistic to think he'll be ready to go for training camp or even early in the season. 
That'd be great if he can recover, but we still don't know if Cine is good enough to contribute to the D.  He wasn't seeing many snaps other than STs before he was injured.  I wasn't impressed with Booth's contributions before he got hurt either.  Hopefully Kwesi didn't swing and miss on those two picks, especially after the trades he made before getting them.