Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is NOT your or your fathers Vikings
Here is an example of why this Vikings team is different.  170-1.  Usually the Vikings are the ones that end up in the record books for an odd, heart breaking stat.  https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/wild-stat-highlights-rarity-patriots-disappointing-loss-vikings?cid=sm_npd_rsn_bos_fb_mn

f we told you that the New England Patriots would score 26 points on 409 yards of total offense with no turnovers against the Minnesota Vikings, you probably would have guaranteed a victory.I
And the numbers would have backed you up.
According to Opta Stats, teams that scored at least 25 points, gained at least 400 total yards, outgained their opponent, completed at least 70 percent of their passes, had fewer than 60 penalty yards, didn't commit any turnovers and didn't miss a field goal were a perfect 170-0 entering Thursday night.
Patriots-Vikings takeaways: Mac Jones looks sharp in losing effortMake that 171-1, as the Patriots checked all of those boxes and still found a way to lose 33-26 at U.S. Bank Stadium.

We'll see. I'd love to believe this and so far, yep, not our father's Vikings. But we still have games to go. 

I started watching the Vikings in the early 1970's with my dad.  After the Buffalo game I started thinking just the opposite:  These are my fathers Vikings.

Quote: @Vikeshrink said:
I started watching the Vikings in the early 1970's with my dad.  After the Buffalo game I started thinking just the opposite:  These are my fathers Vikings.
Yep, and instead of 14-10 or 10-7 games, they are still one score games, just higher point totals.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@Vikeshrink said:
Yep, and instead of 14-10 or 10-7 games, they are still one score games, just higher point totals.
What I see now that I saw then is that there was/is no quit, ever.

another example, the trade for Hockensen, previous regimes would have found a way not to use him.  This team...way  different