Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Note to KOC
Commit to the run game, let your big eaters move forward instead of getting beat up in pass pro all day. Posess the football, keep your precarious D off the field. 

You dont have to change dramatically from your philosophy. be pass heavy!,  but run the ball consistently and most definately in the red zone . 

Note to O line...   BLOCK

Can't commit to a run game that only gets -2yards to +2yds. It's not the running backs. It's a shit O'line.
Need some bigger stronger horses on the interior. Not going to happen this year.

Note to KO...When you need to burn the clock with 2 min. 3 runs up the gut is really dumb.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Note to KO...When you need to burn the clock with 2 min. 3 runs up the gut is really dumb.
Agree, mix up the runs. Best run all night was the end around with KJ

Nice win.  KOC did exactly what we needed, committed to the run game tonight and it was not pretty but was effective.  it slowed down their rush and made them honor the run game. 

Tonight is who we are, or should be.  An somewhat balanced offense that posesses the ball and good enough to win consistently, and an extremely flawed defense that will need turnovers to win. 

We are not elite, but this team has a chance to make some noise. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Nice win.  KOC did exactly what we needed, committed to the run game tonight and it was not pretty but was effective.  it slowed down their rush and made them honor the run game. 

Tonight is who we are, or should be.  An somewhat balanced offense that posesses the ball and good enough to win consistently, and an extremely flawed defense that will need turnovers to win. 

We are not elite, but this team has a chance to make some noise. 
The team is razor thin at CB with injuries and the D misses Tomlinson. Its not this bad normally. But needs upgrading in the offseason. 

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Can't commit to a run game that only gets -2yards to +2yds. It's not the running backs. It's a shit O'line.
Need some bigger stronger horses on the interior. Not going to happen this year.
Cook is tending to look for home runs to often and not just taking the yards that are there.  When things are clicking,  ok dance a bit,  but when yards are coming at a premium I saw him moving laterally behind the LOS on multiple occasions last night,   despite there being positive yards available,   and several of those indecisive runs he ended up with negative or zero yards.   No OL,  especially ours, is going to consistently hit every block that springs the RB,  I think Cook needs to get back to just pounding what is there and wearing down the opposing LBs and safeties,   those big runs will come.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Cook is tending to look for home runs to often and not just taking the yards that are there.  When things are clicking,  ok dance a bit,  but when yards are coming at a premium I saw him moving laterally behind the LOS on multiple occasions last night,   despite there being positive yards available,   and several of those indecisive runs he ended up with negative or zero yards.   No OL,  especially ours, is going to consistently hit every block that springs the RB,  I think Cook needs to get back to just pounding what is there and wearing down the opposing LBs and safeties,   those big runs will come.
Yup. When we face a heavy, penetrating D Line, he tries to get too cute and ends up dancing into negative yardage situations. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@jargomcfargo said:
I noticed that too.  The one that stood out the most was on a 2nd and 2 and he danced around when there was a clear hole to slam through for the first down and he only got a yard.