Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird ref timing
Bills game on Kirk cousins sneak----takes the snap tries to drive gets knocked back slides down line half hole and tries again while getting pushed in the back.   Comes up short but ref says only one second ticked off.  Hiked at 50 secs. reset to 49?
WTF

Honestly! Fuck the NFL sometimes. It’s their league and they will do as they please!

I am surprised that some entity hasn’t sued them for inconsistency in the officiating over the years. It’s almost like they want games to be close!

2020 Vikings at Buccaneersclosing of first half. The clock operator stopped the clock at 00.01 before the play was over. Does anyone think that with 15 seconds left, Tom Brady can throw a 16 yard pass, run down field, get set, and spike the ball to kill the clock?Then we get called for PI in the endzone on a hail mary, which never gets called.Someone would have an impossible time trying to convince me this wasn't fixed.Pandemic, NFL needs money, Brady vs Mahomes would bring in more money.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 0:21
1-10-TB 28 (:21) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to C.Brate to TB 37 for 9 yards (J.Gladney).
Timeout #3 by TB at 00:15.
2-1-TB 37 (:15) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to A.Brown to MIN 47 for 16 yards (T.Davis; E.Wilson). P9
1-10-MIN 47 (:02) T.Brady spiked the ball to stop the clock.
Timeout #2 by MIN at 00:01.
2-10-MIN 47 (:01) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep right to R.Gronkowski.
PENALTY on MIN-T.Davis, Defensive Pass Interference, 46 yards, enforced at MIN 47 - No Play. X10
1-1-MIN 1 (:00) R.Succop 19 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-Z.Triner, Holder-B.Pinion.

The NFL could improve the officiating in one move. Hire them full-time. And like every other job, when they're not officiating games, they're in training, in film review, perfecting their craft. 

The NFL is flush with money. They could pay a staff of full-time officials given 1% of each team's salary cap. Hell, I doubt it would even be that much. 

Actually, it wouldn't. I did the math. There are 120 refs. 1% of each team's salary cap equals $550,000 per ref. So less than vet min.