Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misc Thoughts: Commanders
Stomach flu so this will be brief.
  • Commanders:  Just a stupid name.  Period. End Stop.
  • Cousins:  Cousins has been unbelievable this year.  The Vikings are 7th in sacks allows with pressure in Cousins face constantly.  He is getting the ball out quick and much more decisive this year.  In the past I have often advocated using Cousins in a hurry up offense to prevent him from overthinking about the last play.  I am very happy KOC has adopted that at times throughout the game.
  • Offensive line:  More than anything, they are being killed by stunts.  I am not for replacing Ingram as I think the line communication will get better and allow them to better deal with stunts.  Line play is a dance, and these dance partners have not danced together enough.  Patience.
  • A Evans:  Wow.  Just a stellar performance.  His long arms are a huge asset in coverage and tackling.  A revelation on Sunday.
  • Hockenson:  What a great debut.  But I temper my enthusiasm as Washington probably didn't scheme for him.  Hockenson's play, though, probably causes Irv Smith to lose some money in free agency.

Get better, VO

Feel better VO. Love this weekly post. 

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
  • Cousins:  Cousins has been unbelievable this year.  The Vikings are 7th in sacks allows with pressure in Cousins face constantly.  He is getting the ball out quick and much more decisive this year.  In the past I have often advocated using Cousins in a hurry up offense to prevent him from overthinking about the last play.  I am very happy KOC has adopted that at times throughout the game.
  • Offensive line:  More than anything, they are being killed by stunts.  I am not for replacing Ingram as I think the line communication will get better and allow them to better deal with stunts.  Line play is a dance, and these dance partners have not danced together enough.  Patience.
  • A Evans:  Wow.  Just a stellar performance.  His long arms are a huge asset in coverage and tackling.  A revelation on Sunday.
  • Hockenson:  What a great debut.  But I temper my enthusiasm as Washington probably didn't scheme for him.  Hockenson's play, though, probably causes Irv Smith to lose some money in free agency.
Amen to your offensive line comment.  If Ingram is the future, stick with it and let him learn.  He has faced some intense competition the last few weeks.  It hasn't been good, but let the unit gel and grow together.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
Agree the Commanders is a stupid name.  If the team is sold they should revisit the name game.

Not so sure the hurry up offense is being used for the benefit of helping Cousins but rather a way of keeping the opposing team from making substitutions.  Either way it seems to be a nice change of pace no matter the intent.

I also do not like the name Commanders.  Like has been stated with a new owner I would revisit.  Does anyone remember what some of the alternative names were?  I like something like Washington Gladiators.  Oh well, doesn't matter nothing beats Minnesota Vikings name and logo.  Sidenote I love the Minnesota Wild name and logo as well in NHL. 

Back to the game:

That was the best overall defensive performance of the year for us.  Holding them to around 250 total yards which included that ridiculous ref interference TD.  We had 3 sacks and the Harry Int.  We had 5 penalties but not sure how many were D vs Off?  The rebuilt defensive scheme and 7 of 11 new starters are starting to come together just in time for the harder stretch of offenses in Bills and Cowboys.  Good timing.  

I for one am glad that Taylor Heinicke wasn’t considered starting material in Minnesota after the off season injury. He’s got moxie, but he’s no Case Keenum. 

Washington Politicians  -  The most hated team in the NFL Smile

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Washington Politicians  -  The most hated team in the NFL Smile
If we're naming after DC's politicos I say call them the Washington Worthless 

Washington Sus Spenders.