Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ouch on Ezra

The whole offensive line had their collective asses handed to them. KOC will need to find a way to beat physically dominant defensive lines going forward, or the playoffs, providing they make it, will be an unpleasant experience.
It can be done, and the next four games will give us some insight as to whether the Vikings can deal with it.
I watched Kansas City beat a physically dominant team last night, but it wasn't easy for them.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:I watched Kansas City beat a physically dominant team last night, but it wasn't easy for them.
Yeah it took a ref crew giving them 3 shots at the 2 pt conversion to get the win.

I luv the Chiefs (and Bills) but was rooting for the Titans...What a herculean effort by their D that night. 

They win that game if they had a semblance of a passing game.

Anyone else watch that debacle? Reminded me of Josh Freeman vs Giants.

KOC said they were not prepared for the 5-5-1 look that the Redskins deployed(I don't acknowledge the Commanders). A lot of people were complaining about running too much on First Down which was ineffective, but dropping Kirk back 40 times against this Defensive front would not have been a good idea with our porous pass protection. It was the only way to keep them honest and set-up Play Action. The screen game was a disaster. KOC needed an alternative to those play calls. The middle of the field was open most of the day and we had some nice chunk plays with TJ once he got past the Linebackers. The Skins D line are supper impressive and loaded with first round talent. We found a way to get it done, and took advantage of the blunders the Skins gave us which is what good teams do. It's all a work in progress and will continue to get better. It will be interesting to see how Evans performs against Diggs and Davis this week as it doesn't look good for Cam to play on Sunday. 

Quote: @TBro said:
KOC said they were not prepared for the 5-5-1 look that the Redskins deployed(I don't acknowledge the Commanders). A lot of people were complaining about running too much on First Down which was ineffective, but dropping Kirk back 40 times against this Defensive front would not have been a good idea with our porous pass protection. It was the only way to keep them honest and set-up Play Action. The screen game was a disaster. KOC needed an alternative to those play calls. The middle of the field was open most of the day and we had some nice chunk plays with TJ once he got past the Linebackers. The Skins D line are supper impressive and loaded with first round talent. We found a way to get it done, and took advantage of the blunders the Skins gave us which is what good teams do. It's all a work in progress and will continue to get better. It will be interesting to see how Evans performs against Diggs and Davis this week as it doesn't look good for Cam to play on Sunday. 
Interesting that they went with the 5-5-1.  That is the second time a team has loaded the box against us and essentially dared us to beat them with the pass.  Hopefully TJ will either make teams pay for that or get them to back off.

Quote: @greediron said:
@TBro said:
Interesting that they went with the 5-5-1.  That is the second time a team has loaded the box against us and essentially dared us to beat them with the pass.  Hopefully TJ will either make teams pay for that or get them to back off.
I think it's an effective scheme when you have questionable pass protection because even if you try to counter with a run, you have 10 defenders at or close to the line of scrimmage. If it is a pass, you have a good chance of getting pressure and disrupting the play, especially with our weak interior between Ingram, Bradbury, and Cleveland. With TJ as a weapon, KOC will have more in his arsenal to counter some of these exotic schemes we are seeing teams use against us. As Kirk gets more comfortable in this offense, we could be scary down the stretch. Our defense also continues to improve every week so even though we are not elite on D, we are doing enough to win games with the Offensive production we have. This week will be a true test against the Bills who are the most balanced team in the NFL to see how we stack up. 

I think Ezra was not happy with his PFF grade last week and played a little pissed off in this one....

https://twitter.com/NickOlsonNFL/status/...57025?s=20&t=gTxHyOe_jUMHIJ7ouAngiA

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think Ezra was not happy with his PFF grade last week and played a little pissed off in this one....

That is one way to clear the throwing lane.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

I love watching pancake blocks...  That was filthy