Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Connell's Locker Room Speech (This is Great!)
https://www.vikings.com/video/watch-o-co...commanders
So many smiles and the game balls handed out are awsome.  You'll all love the end!

Thanks for posting.  It is really nice to see how this team seems to really enjoy each other.

Wow, so cool!  Love this coach and this complete team!!!

BOOM

I Iove how much fun they are having. They are rallying around each other. 

TJ looks so happy, almost think he was shocked to be so included already. 

Look for KOC’s post game press conference. At the end, someone asks him about his new baby. He tells them how things are going with mom and the baby and then says, “Thanks for asking about that”

The look on his face tells me everything I need to know about the man outside of football. 
Honestly, I think the Vikings hit the Jack pot with him. I know there will be down times, but damn I love that guy!

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
TJ looks so happy, almost think he was shocked to be so included already. 
I know right. He seemed kind of embarrassed, it was adorable.

I watched this again and a couple things...

Love the messaging from O'Connell.  Motivational, commanding the room, inspiring, definitely a leader of men for being a young HC.  We got ourselves a good one. Really like his genuine response to getting a game ball, you can tell family is important to him.

Second... Just seeing the guys hanging on every word and being happy for each other when the game balls were getting handed out...  the excitement for each other...  feel like this team really has each other's backs.  Professional sports can be a cutthroat business but it feels like these guys are a family.

Third...  Hock almost looked bashful coming up there to get a game ball...  Lol.  I take it this was a different experience than he's had in Detroit and other players.  That smile...  dude is happy to be here and so are us fans.  He's going to be a weapon for us this season.

Lastly...  Kirk's salute when he got the game ball...  Lol...  He can be awkward in his mannerisms, but he has been cold blooded on the field. As a critic of his, I'm loving this 4th quarter stuff and just his demeanor in general.  Get the man his chains!!!  LMAO

If anyone hasn't watched this yet, they should.

I suppose going from 1 and 6 to 6 and 1 was a pretty exciting thing for him too.