Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doubters
I have watch it too and Kurt is showing what many have been complaining about.Here it is:

Quote: @FLVike said:
I have watch it too and Kurt is showing what many have been complaining about.Here it is:

That is the first part. Here is the second part.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Coming into the season I thought this was a 8 or 9 win season for the Vikes.  I do think they've earned their record, but they aren't a "great" team still, IMO.  I think Miami was the only win against a team above .500 and Philly manhandled us pretty easily on both sides of the ball.Hopefully they win again in Washington like they should, but the Bills and Cowpies will be real tests.  Going at least 2-1 in the next 3 would be sweet, but playing well and improving each week is probably just as important even if they go 1-2 or 0-3.I think winning in December is what you want so your team is playing their best heading into the playoffs.
Happy, I agree that they aren't a "great" team.  Kwesi filled some holes (see Z'darius) and patched up some relationships eroded by Zimmer (see: Cameron Dantzler among others).  I think the two biggest difference between this year's team and last year's is not with the players on the field, but with game strategy/clock management on the sidelines and a more positive attitude/environment.  Kudos to KOC on both.

Quote: @medaille said:
I’m shifted in my thinking. 
I don’t think Cousins is an elite QB. 
I don’t think he’ll ever be an elite QB. 
I feel like he’s always had a few shit the bed games a season,
and that it’s
hard to trust him to make a deep playoff run, but I think that can be mitigated
by surrounding him with talent and by having an offensive coach that can work
within his limitations and I was skeptical that we would get a HC that wouldn’t
ask too much of him, but I think KOC is doing well.  I think Cousins more than a lot of QBs needs
to have a very firm understanding of the offense and he needs to play within
the design of the offense.  If you start asking
him to make heroic backyard football plays once everything has broken down, you
are in for trouble.  I think it’s important
that the coach has plays that counter everything a defense is going to try and do
against the offense, because it’s important that Cousins be well versed in the
answers, because he’s not an ad-libber. 
I think it’s also important to make sure he’s in a well talented
offense.  The more talent you have, the
more he can move through his progression and find someone who’s open, and the
less you’re going to hit the problem of the play lasting too long and the QB
being required to make something happen. 
I think having an offensive minded HC is huge, because it allows the QB
to very concretely develop an understanding of the offense over multiple years
and while we’re still seeing Cousins learning this offense, there should be
less of a curve in following years.

I still am a firm believer that you should always be
developing QBs, and always be looking for that elite guy, and I’m not a fan of getting
rid of your good QB first in the hope of getting a great QB later.  You can always trade the second good QB for
more picks.
I would say ALL QBs have a few shit the bed games a season, but I generally agree with the rest of your post.

You could tell from interviews before the season that Cousins was a little worried. Every time a reporter would talk about the offensive philosophy and all the weapons at his disposal, Cousins would slam on the brakes and remind everyone that this was a completely different offense, and that there was a lot still to learn. I sort of feel he was trying to manage expectations. 

I'm hopeful that it will begin to click later in the year, but it might be next season before we see what this offense is capable of.