Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inconsistent QB play
Watching some other games today. I don’t think we appreciate how consistent Kirk has been. He has his off days but so does everyone. 

I can assure you, SF would give us Jimmy G and their entire 2024 draft for Kirk. 

Amen AGR...

Dont need to remind me he's our best QB since Favre...Warts and all

Sitting and resting starters  for the entire Preseason schedule is a mistake.

Especially for developing QB's .

OTA's aren't the same thing as live reps.

Personally, I think this is the best season I've seen KC play.  Statistically that might not be true, but he looks way more confident and comfortable leading the offense. 

I think Kirk is a duck on a pond with this O,  he may look like he is in control,  but im not buying it.  We've seen him play much much better than what he's done to start this season.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Personally, I think this is the best season I've seen KC play.  Statically that might not be true, but he looks way more confident and comfortable leading the offense. 
Plus, he can celebrate with the head coach without wondering if hes gonna get his ass kicked.

I've mentioned this several times in the past: watch NFL Redzone and tell me that Kirk isn't playing as well as anyone most games. Most fans are way too close to the trees to see the forest.

I've always liked Kirk the QB. The question in my mind has always been is his play matching up to his contract (Cap hit). The hope is that you can get equal QB play on a lesser (rookie) contract. For that reason, I'm all aboard drafting a QB in the first round in 2023.

It's not just QBs either. It's entire teams. One-team fans tend to be very myopic, myself included. We watch our team struggle against a team they really "should" beat soundly and we get frustrated and think we won't be able to compete against the really "good" teams, but if we just look around we see the same thing happening everywhere. 

Just one example among several this week: Kansas City trounced the 49ers and look like the best team in the NFL, but just a couple weeks ago they lost to the Colts, who looked like the most inept team in the NFL yesterday against the Titans. And if you think the 49ers are done now? Think again. 

I think it's just that in the NFL in 2022, every team has talent on their roster. Winning and losing mostly comes down to being healthy and the game plan you draw up for your opponent, and theirs for you. And that will always be a shifting, moving target. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Amen AGR...

Dont need to remind me he's our best QB since Favre...Warts and all
Favre had plenty shit games and an entire shit season for us that we all try to forget