Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Niners did what ??
Quote: @AGRforever said:
Id have traded Cook for a 2, 4 & 6
The Vikings are buyers not sellers. 

I just dont think hes all that -  a few years ago maybe, but now?

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I just dont think hes all that -  a few years ago maybe, but now?
He's 26 years old. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:

We'd have to buy something to be a buyer right?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:

We'd have to buy something to be a buyer right?
That's the idea. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
Wow...now that's a trade that makes sense. 49ers just improved greatly and are now probably favorites to win the NFC. CMC and Deebo together is a scary thing. 
CMC will give Shanahan the most talented RB he's had since taking over as HC.  However, does this take away from Deebo's opportunities?  Like that's what makes him special, being a multi-purpose weapon.  Also, it's a lot of draft compensation for a RB that has missed a lot of games due to injury and is nearing the end of his prime years.

On the surface, it makes a lot of sense for the 49ers this season. Definitely solidifies them as one of the top teams in the NFC. Lots of risk, but potentially high reward IMO.
Really not seeing the risk coming even close to the potentially high reward. 
He hasn't played a full season since 2019...  3 games in 2020 and 7 games last year.  THAT is the risk...  like maybe he's Saquon where he missed a bunch of games over two years and then balls out?  But what if he continues to have these recurring leg and shoulder injuries?

I do agree though, this is an ideal match of player and offensive philosophy.  Could be huge for the 49ers and takes some of the pressure off Jimmy G to try to play above his abilities.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Feels like more a move the Rams would make...

Regardless of how CMC turns out, there is an evolving view of draft capital happening right under our noses. 

All they gave up for Lance and now this...Interesting times in SF
Lance wasn't an all in move, then he gets hurt and they suddenly go all in?  Interesting is one word for it.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
Wow...now that's a trade that makes sense. 49ers just improved greatly and are now probably favorites to win the NFC. CMC and Deebo together is a scary thing. 
CMC will give Shanahan the most talented RB he's had since taking over as HC.  However, does this take away from Deebo's opportunities?  Like that's what makes him special, being a multi-purpose weapon.  Also, it's a lot of draft compensation for a RB that has missed a lot of games due to injury and is nearing the end of his prime years.

On the surface, it makes a lot of sense for the 49ers this season. Definitely solidifies them as one of the top teams in the NFC. Lots of risk, but potentially high reward IMO.
Really not seeing the risk coming even close to the potentially high reward. 
He hasn't played a full season since 2019...  3 games in 2020 and 7 games last year.  THAT is the risk...  like maybe he's Saquon where he missed a bunch of games over two years and then balls out?  But what if he continues to have these recurring leg and shoulder injuries?

I do agree though, this is an ideal match of player and offensive philosophy.  Could be huge for the 49ers and takes some of the pressure off Jimmy G to try to play above his abilities.
I don't see the risk. It's not like they're mortgaging their future, like they did with Lance. ANOTHER draft pick that has, so far, proven unworthy. So CMC is well worth what they gave up in my opinion. Like Stafford last year, if this takes them over the top, nobody's going to care what they gave up for it.

Players like CMC can win Super Bowls, not day-two draft picks like Drake Jackson, Tyrion Davis Price, Danny Gray, Aaron Banks, Trey Sermon and Ambry Thomas, the 49ers last six day-two picks. Just my opinion, but I've believed it for years. 

And speaking of Saquon, you could see that coming a mile away. He was my #1 target in fantasy this year. The one player I HAD to have. Unfortunately, someone else saw it too and we ended up in a bidding war and his price ended up in the clouds, so I bailed. Burns me even now, the bastard. LOL.

CMC is awesome. Big swing for SF but if he can stay healthy I think he’ll be worth the price. 

Good haul for Carolina too. They absolutely stink so may as well get what they can. That offense was already a dirty diaper and now without Mccaffery… yuck. 

Just don't run him between the tackles very often and he will be fine.  Use him like the Chiefs use Jerrick McKinnon.