Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone still pining for Bridgewater?
or I guess that time had passed even before this game?  maybe Zimmer. Teddy didn’t look like a starter yesterday 

Love Teddy. It was impossible to keep him though. I don't think anyone on this board or anywhere else didn't realize that. 

Teddy's limitations were evident from the day we drafted him.   I never got the Teddy obsession, his play is average.  He's a backup and he earns millions for it so good for him.   But when people say oh if only the knee hadn't happened... Sorry but watching Teddy his knee works fine, his issues are all from the waist up.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
or I guess that time had passed even before this game?  maybe Zimmer. Teddy didn’t look like a starter yesterday 
Really?  He passed for almost 2x the yards that Kirk did in almost the same number of pass attempts.  The one interception hit his WR right in the chest and if it wasn't for the same WR fumbling inside the 20, he may have very well led them to a win.  Keep in mind he played without practicing all week and hasn't had a lot of starter reps on practice.  Also, he had very little time to throw on most plays and several times was hit before he even got back into his drop.  Unless you define a starter as Brady or Rodgers, then yes he definitely did look like a starter.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Purplewhizz said:
Really?  He passed for almost 2x the yards that Kirk did in almost the same number of pass attempts.  The one interception hit his WR right in the chest and if it wasn't for the same WR fumbling inside the 20, he may have very well led them to a win.  Keep in mind he played without practicing all week and hasn't had a lot of starter reps on practice.  Also, he had very little time to throw on most plays and several times was hit before he even got back into his drop.  Unless you define a starter as Brady or Rodgers, then yes he definitely did look like a starter.  
Thompson appeared to be a much bigger threat until he was hurt

Will always like Teddy the person but I don't miss him behind center. 

I'll always have a soft spot for Teddy.  Kirk is a better QB though. 

I was actually wondering if he got a concussion again yesterday several times. I wish him all the best.

For no practice and coming in mid game, he did actually quite well.  He threw for 300 and drove them in position multiple times.  He still has what Kirk will never have, the ability to make plays to extend drives, or take advantage of plays that break down with his legs.

Outside of Brady and Jimmy G, we are the only team that has an essentially immobile QB.  Keenum being mobile was a huge part of 17's success btw. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Love Teddy. It was impossible to keep him though. I don't think anyone on this board or anywhere else didn't realize that. 
Yup.  In an alternate universe, Teddy stays in one piece and we win the SB with a young cheap QB and a great D.