Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover Zero
Quote: @Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:
We might end up winning but we don’t deserve it
Why don't we deserve it?  We had fewer penalties, fewer turnovers, and scored more points when it mattered...  Good teams find ways to win on the road when they don't have their best stuff.
Posters on this board the prior two seasons, "wins are the only stat that matter". Those same posters after a 5-1 start "ya but, they're not winning the right way". Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable.

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:
Why don't we deserve it?  We had fewer penalties, fewer turnovers, and scored more points when it mattered...  Good teams find ways to win on the road when they don't have their best stuff.
Posters on this board the prior two seasons, "wins are the only stat that matter". Those same posters after a 5-1 start "ya but, they're not winning the right way". Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable.
Lets be brutally honest. This team isnt as good as their 5-1 record. If you pulled my post history I’d be found saying Zimmer was a handful of plays from being a playoff team. 

This was a very flawed Dolphin team that we should have been able to put away a whole lots sooner then we did. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@bigbone62 said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:
Lets be brutally honest. This team isnt as good as their 5-1 record. If you pulled my post history I’d be found saying Zimmer was a handful of plays from being a playoff team. 

This was a very flawed Dolphin team that we should have been able to put away a whole lots sooner then we did. 
Who was it that said you are good as your record says you are (paraphrasing)? Parcells I believe. 

@bigbone62 said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:

Nobody is claiming them to be elite - but there is no denying they are finding ways to win games. We have no idea how long that will last? 

5/1 reflects well on players and coaches. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@AGRforever said:
@bigbone62 said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:

Nobody is claiming them to be elite - but there is no denying they are finding ways to win games. We have no idea how long that will last? 

5/1 reflects well on players and coaches. 

Now that is very true. KOC has been great.

I think he’s got the chance to win a super bowl here. I think we need some changes on D to complete with the big boys

There are several things that need to happen during the season to be successful and the Vikings are benefiting from some of those right now.

Injuries are huge.  So often we have been crippled with a couple injuries to key starters by this time in the season.  Knock on wood the injury bug stays away.

Lady luck.  As a team we have been very luck meeting other teams at the right time.  Shoot, we even had a “double doink” go our way.  when was the last time something like that happened.

Penalties.  This team has either been very well coached or the yellow flags have stopped picking on the Vikings.  We aren’t perfect but look at how the Dolphins screwed themselves today.

We will see how the rest of the season goes but hopefully LadyLuck sticks around the Vikings this year.  I am not expecting us to win a Super Bowl.  Not by a long shot.  But i would take a Division Championship and a win in the playoffs and believe we had a hell of a year. 

PS:  The rest of the NFC seems to be experiencing a lot of “our” bad luck this year with all the upsets so let it rain purple on them.

@bigbone62 said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:

I've been watching NFL football for 52 years and I've never seen a team get awarded for style points.   You take 'em where you can find 'em.

@bigbone62 said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:

In years past they wouldn't do the things they're doing now and they'd be a 1-5 team. Years past they get blown out by a 3rd string QB. Years past they blow the late game lead. Years past they would have been called for mass penalties at the worst possible moment.

Years past they couldn't find a way to win in ugly games. And again the usual suspects would claim all they care about is wins if the team could just find a way. In reality all those posters care about is being able to say "I told you so".

They are legit doing pretty much everything people ran their mouths about not doing the past several years. I'm fine saying it ain't pretty and their record may be inflated. But the hypocrisy on this board from some is ridiculous. 

@bigbone62 said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:

The Vikes were only favored to win by 3 points.  This Dolphin team isn't a total piece of crap, and has big time playmakers on both sides of the ball.  Their D is good and winning on the road for the Vikes is always challenging.
Yeah, it took forever for the offense to score, but the Vikes did what they set out to do - win a road game in Miami.

@bigbone62 said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:

I agree that last year's team was a handful of plays from the playoffs. I also agree about the Dolphins. It should've been easier. But it's the NFL, look around....

Tampa was beaten by Pittsburgh, a team most thought was playing for a high draft pick. Green Bay was blown out by the Jets...at home. The team many on this board picked as the best team in the NFC just a week ago, the 49ers, were soundly beaten by Marcus Mariota and the Falcons.