Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which QB(s)OTF should be on our radar?
???

Who's worth moving up to top of draft for?
Who's the potential QB at that #30-2nd rd guy?

Lots of college football left to go, it'll be fun to watch these guys play. 

A lot of football to go, but I still like Will Levis. He hasn't been exceptional so far this year, but I like that he plays in a system very similar to ours. Also like that, unlike Stroud and Young, he doesn't have elite receivers, nor does he get the best protection, so he knows how to be creative and maneuver in the pocket. 

I think this trait, more than any other, is what separates QBs who can play in the NFL and those who are just good college QBs. 

Put me down for Will Levis. A lot of tools to work with. Another I like is Tanner McKee out of Stanford. 6'6 with good footwork and is more athletic than advertised.

Heard some buzz that Levis might be the first QB taken  from a source I trust.  

I think Minnesota takes a QB in the first 3 rounds for sure.

Forget the third round @StickyBun! Stroud, Levis, Mckee and Young might
all go top 10 and I think the Vikings need to get one of these guys. 
The one comment I'd make on those four is that Bryce Young's size would give me pause. I watched some of the Carolina/Arizona game last week and both Kyler and Baker are probably the two most notable current examples of shorter QBs that were picked #1 overall. Kyler had less issues in that game, but Baker in particular had like four passes get batted down at the LOS. Young's athleticism profiles a lot more towards the Kyler side but still, it's a big knock for sure.
We're 3-1 so it hasn't been a big issue so far, but Kirk's QBR this season is down 20 points from the past few years, mostly because the TDs haven't been there. He also seems even less mobile. Yes, a top-10 QB selection sounds like a plan to me. As a bonus, we might actually have the OL to keep a young QB upright for a few years while he cuts his teeth in the league.

I hate to be "that fan" but every win makes it more expensive for us to secure the QBOTF.

A day three pick, Hendon Hooker TN.  Other than being a Vol fan, he just seems to lack a bit of polish, physically he has the tools.  If all the shiny object QB's are taken, at this point he has the potential.

A couple of guys I was intrigued by this year were Tyler Van Dyke out of Miami & DJ Uiagalelei from Clemson. Van Dyke's stock is way down after a disappointing start, but there's still lots more football to play for his stock to rebound.

The Clemson kid reminds me of Daunte (and not party boat Daunte, which I believe today is the anniversary!), and he looks like he's finally starting to put it all together on the field.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
A day three pick, Hendon Hooker TN.  Other than being a Vol fan, he just seems to lack a bit of polish, physically he has the tools.  If all the shiny object QB's are taken, at this point he has the potential.
I think Hendon will wind up going in the first round.