Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to London...
Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@Akvike said:
5:30 am kickoff Alaska time
Might as well just stay up Saturday night 
And just drink until the game comes on. Maybe a good Canadian Whiskey (is there such a thing?).

I guess I'm one of the few that enjoy these morning London games, but......if the Vikings lose it really sucks watching the rest of the NFL day games. lol. So hey Vikings, don't lose so ol' Sticky can enjoy the rest of his NFL Sunday. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @Kentis said:
@Riphawkins said:
The whole London game thing irritates the hell out of me. Both teams that play in these games deserve a bye the week after. 
It’s ridiculous that the Vikings have to fly home, adjust to a different time, and then in the Vikings case, play a divisional game against a team that didn’t have to travel.

they actually requested a later bye…
Could they've requested a later London game as well so they could still have a decent bye following the long ass flight?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Msp to London is an 8hr flight. 

NYC to LAX is 6hrs. 

So its not a ton different. 
How often are NE teams asked to play in SoCal or AZ and then fly back home for a home game,  or vice versa?  IIRC some of those situations in the recent past the teams have opted to stay on that coast and will use a college facility or other for that weeks practice to avoid those long flights if they end up having conservative games away from home,  or they have treated them like a London game where they have flown out early.

Its not unprecedented travel,  but it seems if they are going to do it they could come up with a plan so that the participants are put at a competitive disadvantage the following week.  Make it 2 games per week in London and set the schedule so that the following week the teams that played in London will then face each other back home so all teams have had the short week of prep?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I guess I'm one of the few that enjoy these morning London games, but......if the Vikings lose it really sucks watching the rest of the NFL day games. lol. So hey Vikings, don't lose so ol' Sticky can enjoy the rest of his NFL Sunday. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Same....earlier the better. 7:30 kickoff here in Denver. Super excited about watching the Vikes at the crack of dawn and then having the entire day open. Might go check out the Aspens. 

In Arizona, the game starts at 6:30 am.  I'm going to have to set my alarm clock for this one...First breakfast game I ever watch...eggs and bacon instead of steak and beer...or not.

Coffee and Bailiey's game for me (a shot of cinnamon whiskey maybe needed too). Smile  I'm not sure what to expect from the Saints other than a very tough D and a good running game.  Hopefully we're an improving team and play strong.
[Image: baileys-coffee.jpg]

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
In Arizona, the game starts at 6:30 am.  I'm going to have to set my alarm clock for this one...First breakfast game I ever watch...eggs and bacon instead of steak and beer...or not.
thinking I am going to DVR the game and start it a little later in the morning so I wont be judged.... quite as harshly.   bourbon and brunch sounds much less fucked up than boubon and breakfast.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
thinking I am going to DVR the game and start it a little later in the morning so I wont be judged.... quite as harshly.   bourbon and brunch sounds much less fucked up than boubon and breakfast.
It's only considered bad if you go to the meetings...  Smile

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
I'll be having that first Bloody at 10:00 am Eastern.....but taking it very slow. Long day of football, don't want to be napping before I even see Scott Hansen!
 :p