Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our corners are not good
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
They are playing extremely confused. Inconsistent. I think its the new scheme. Their play has definitely not been good, maybe they are still learning? Or maybe they just suck. 
Way to take a stance there Sticky.   :p
Yeah, not so much a stance as I really don't know which one it is. I think it might be a smidge too early to say the secondary sucks. 
based on his play last year, comments about his practice habits by PP and his lack of effort, I think it is time to recognize Dantlzer is a bum.  He could mature and snap out of it.  But the doghouse last year was of course blamed on Zim, but I think that is where Dantzler belongs.  If we had any alternative.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I've seen plenty of bad plays from our corners, but also our linebackers in coverage and the confusion in the space between. Seems like that is where we're getting hurt most often.

But then you'll see a spectacular flash from Hicks or Kendricks or Dantzler, even Peterson. The inconsistency leads me to believe it's mostly due to the newness of the scheme. The confusion. Offenses know this and are attacking where we're the most vulnerable. 
We all knew the change would take time.  Not just a new scheme, but 4-3 to 3-4 is quite radical for DL and LBs.  Inconsistency is understandable.  Lack of preparation and especially lack of effort is not.

Looking forward to getting Booth on the field.  He and Evans could have greater upside than Dantzler (who looks better as a man cover corner) than zone.  

Time to start shopping

Some times he jogs around in pursuit and appears to be avoiding contact. Reminds me a bit of Smoot!

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Some times he jogs around in pursuit and appears to be avoiding contact. Reminds me a bit of Smoot!
Who, Dantzler?

Dantzler played very well yesterday. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Peterson played a pretty good game too I thought.

It's just such a weird team. You think the corners are the achilles heel and then they play a pretty good game on a defense that didn't play well at all. You think the OL has turned a corner, led by terrific play by Darrisaw and O'Neill, and all they need to do is pick up the blitz better. Then they can't protect standard 4 man rushes from a team that almost never blitzes, with Darrisaw and O'Neill playing perhaps their worst games. 

Inconsistency is to be expected I guess, but man, it's so hard to figure out who these guys are. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

It's just such a weird team. You think the corners are the achilles heel and then they play a pretty good game on a defense that didn't play well at all. You think the OL has turned a corner, led by terrific play by Darrisaw and O'Neill, and all they need to do is pick up the blitz better. Then they can't protect standard 4 man rushes from a team that almost never blitzes, with Darrisaw and O'Neill playing perhaps their worst games. 

Inconsistency is to be expected I guess, but man, it's so hard to figure out who these guys are. 
Again, just watched the highlights, but that breakup by PP was pretty dang lucky cuz he was beat bad.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Again, just watched the highlights, but that breakup by PP was pretty dang lucky cuz he was beat bad.  
a better throw and that is another long first down.  Dalton made some nice throws yesterday, that wasnt one of them.