Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
For the love of all things holy. Please make your product consumable. I am not signing up for satellite tv year round @ +$75/mo AND paying several hundred dollars for your package. 
I’ve had to “borrow” streams because I cannot pay you a reasonable fee to watch the Vikings. The streams are garbage and Id rather pay for a reliable form of televised games.

There, rant over  
Yep, that's the bottom line. I keep hearing about these 'free' streams out there for NFL games and the quality is total horseshit. How can anyone watch a game that way? Who cares if its free, its shit quality. And that's being generous.
That's how I watched the game...and I have to do this about 3 or 4 times a season. The picture and sound is fine, IMO, but it buffers about 20 times a game, and it typically takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to find the right feed, so I miss the early going. 

I would pay the NFL handsomely to avoid all this and watch the game legally and uninterrupted. But I won't pay for things I don't use. AGR's right. NFL needs to find a way to make this happen.

I've said it before, but I don't think the NFL knows just how much potential revenue they're losing out on. It's a mobile society now. Very few people live in the area they grew up in and there are millions of out-of-market football fans all over the country. There is a pot of gold just waiting for the NFL if they would just open their eyes to see it. 
how much is amazon paying?  how about the rest of the networks?  the TV deals are already in place that are making them pot of gold type cash,  I am willing to bet if they started their own streaming service that they would end up losing money,  also betting they have already run the numbers and know this.   
This. Ala carte directly to fans will not make up for Amazon money. Or the NFL Sunday Night package money. Thursday night package money. MNF money. It would have been done years ago if so. 
It doesn't have to be done by the NFL directly. They wouldn't have the resources to do it anyway. Run it through Amazon. Run it through Netflix. Run it through any number of streaming services. But make it ala carte.

I rent a movie on Amazon about twice a week. And because I know I can find almost any movie I want on Amazon for $3 or $4, I don't even go to Netflix anymore. Put NFL games on there for $12 or $15. Just take my money, please! 
its going to happen,  but I dont see it as an ala carte per game thing,  otherwise they get screwed by the popular teams markets when their home team is doing well and getting flexed to prime time games.   I do see a seasonal out of market package per team though,  as well as a full on sunday ticket type of offering,  but damn I hope they run it as a stand alone thing and dont try and use it to jack up the prime fees.
Prime is already a rip-off, many of the purchase have free shipping anyway.  And prime video is limited.

But the NFL will never do the ala carte thing.  They had something close the last time I gave them any money with the NFL rewind were you could select one team and pay a smaller fee.  Then they jacked up the fee and wouldn't offer the individual teams.  It is like their marketing department has a vendetta against out of market viewers.

nflfullhd.com has all those rewinds for $0. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@greediron said:
Prime is already a rip-off, many of the purchase have free shipping anyway.  And prime video is limited.

But the NFL will never do the ala carte thing.  They had something close the last time I gave them any money with the NFL rewind were you could select one team and pay a smaller fee.  Then they jacked up the fee and wouldn't offer the individual teams.  It is like their marketing department has a vendetta against out of market viewers.

nflfullhd.com has all those rewinds for $0. 
Meh, at this point the highlights are about right for my NFL fandom.  

the NFL has an option either 40 bucks for the year (one team) or 80 bucks for the year (every game )  The deal is you just need to avoid all news/media alerts etc.. and you can watch the replay . https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more?camp...gg-2000093&gclid=CjwKCAjwvsqZBhAlEiwAqAHElfkkIyEILDBQwbOPsYd_e-yRyqCrgwXvSKP4bl9ZY8mi5ftxcjyL6xoCAgAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

At this point, the NFL gets no money from me.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
For the love of all things holy. Please make your product consumable. I am not signing up for satellite tv year round @ +$75/mo AND paying several hundred dollars for your package. 
I’ve had to “borrow” streams because I cannot pay you a reasonable fee to watch the Vikings. The streams are garbage and Id rather pay for a reliable form of televised games.

There, rant over  
Yep, that's the bottom line. I keep hearing about these 'free' streams out there for NFL games and the quality is total horseshit. How can anyone watch a game that way? Who cares if its free, its shit quality. And that's being generous.
That's how I watched the game...and I have to do this about 3 or 4 times a season. The picture and sound is fine, IMO, but it buffers about 20 times a game, and it typically takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to find the right feed, so I miss the early going. 

I would pay the NFL handsomely to avoid all this and watch the game legally and uninterrupted. But I won't pay for things I don't use. AGR's right. NFL needs to find a way to make this happen.

I've said it before, but I don't think the NFL knows just how much potential revenue they're losing out on. It's a mobile society now. Very few people live in the area they grew up in and there are millions of out-of-market football fans all over the country. There is a pot of gold just waiting for the NFL if they would just open their eyes to see it. 
how much is amazon paying?  how about the rest of the networks?  the TV deals are already in place that are making them pot of gold type cash,  I am willing to bet if they started their own streaming service that they would end up losing money,  also betting they have already run the numbers and know this.   
This. Ala carte directly to fans will not make up for Amazon money. Or the NFL Sunday Night package money. Thursday night package money. MNF money. It would have been done years ago if so. 
It doesn't have to be done by the NFL directly. They wouldn't have the resources to do it anyway. Run it through Amazon. Run it through Netflix. Run it through any number of streaming services. But make it ala carte.

I rent a movie on Amazon about twice a week. And because I know I can find almost any movie I want on Amazon for $3 or $4, I don't even go to Netflix anymore. Put NFL games on there for $12 or $15. Just take my money, please! 
its going to happen,  but I dont see it as an ala carte per game thing,  otherwise they get screwed by the popular teams markets when their home team is doing well and getting flexed to prime time games.   I do see a seasonal out of market package per team though,  as well as a full on sunday ticket type of offering,  but damn I hope they run it as a stand alone thing and dont try and use it to jack up the prime fees.
At&t paid $1.5B/year for sunday ticket.
Assuming no price increase for a streaming platform it would require 6M people pay $250/year to pay off the the NFL cartel.  This wouldn't account for costs to run the servers or any other internal costs.  NFL games average 17.1M viewers each with 100M viewers each week.
Getting 6M people to bite at $250 is probably a tall task. 

probably,  especially considering that most people that watch a game are in market and can get it for free in some way.  I pay for DTV streaming even though I am in market, but my rural location makes getting the networks all but impossible but I am betting those in my situation are still a very small minority.  especially when there are other in market streamers like HULU or YouTube that will provide your locals for a lot less than what amazon would likely be charging.

I've actually checked. (forget where but it was an awesome site)  It would take a 2300' tower for me to get locals ~80% of the time over the air from Nashville.  I haven't found a 2300' tower available on ebay or amazon yet. 
Send up a drone at kickoff  =)

Quote: @comet52 said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

There, rant over  

At&t paid $1.5B/year for sunday ticket.
Assuming no price increase for a streaming platform it would require 6M people pay $250/year to pay off the the NFL cartel.  This wouldn't account for costs to run the servers or any other internal costs.  NFL games average 17.1M viewers each with 100M viewers each week.
Getting 6M people to bite at $250 is probably a tall task. 

probably,  especially considering that most people that watch a game are in market and can get it for free in some way.  I pay for DTV streaming even though I am in market, but my rural location makes getting the networks all but impossible but I am betting those in my situation are still a very small minority.  especially when there are other in market streamers like HULU or YouTube that will provide your locals for a lot less than what amazon would likely be charging.

I've actually checked. (forget where but it was an awesome site)  It would take a 2300' tower for me to get locals ~80% of the time over the air from Nashville.  I haven't found a 2300' tower available on ebay or amazon yet. 
Send up a drone at kickoff  =)
To get locals feom Minneapolis to east of Nashville I’d need to mount it on the space station.