Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what I think?
I think tomorrow is going to be a shit show. 

[Image: 200.gif]

C'mon, the Lions aren't THAT bad. 

After what I saw last week with the defensive coaching it would not surprise me, I think we are going to need to be prepared to score a lot of points. 

[Image: 38582674.png]

Well it can't be worse than last week.

Quote: @FLVike said:
Well it can't be worse than last week.
Don't say that. 

All I know is I'm not wanting a shit show. But I'm nervous there's going to be one today. And then a big chunk of fun would be taken out of the season already. 

I've certainly been wrong before, so here's hoping that trend continues!  :p

I think they're going to be fine and should win today...

Sample size of 2 games and we just dont know what we got yet as a team or coaching staff.

The next Steckel or Green???

I'm still optimistic - just a little more cautious after MNF lol! 

This is the Lions Super Bowl and they are going to pull out all stops to win it. They want to be taken seriously as a division contender. And in order for that to happen, they have to beat a good team. And they have to win on the road. And they have to beat teams in their division. They can do all three today.

Going back to last season, Dan Campbell has never won a road game. You think he wants that monkey off his back? If they beat the Vikings in Minneapolis, it changes the whole script for them.  This is why I do NOT like the intangibles in this game. 

No doubt the Vikings are the better team. Sometimes that matters and sometimes it doesn't.

I think the Vikings defense feeds off the home crowd, forcing Goff to make mistakes, and the Vikings pull out a 32-22 type game, so I'm not expecting a shit show on our part, but this game scares me more than most. 

Vikings' ability to bounce back is the first test of coach Kevin O'Connell's culture shift
"I feel like that's when all the culture stuff that we talk about, this is when it gets tested," O'Connell said. "You'd love for that response to happen in-game and to triumphantly come back and win that game, but it just wasn't in the cards for us. And we didn't do enough, quite honestly, to win that football game, in a lot of ways. So now that response takes place on a short week, getting ready to play a really important divisional game against a team playing really well."

For those skeptical of O'Connell's emphasis on culture, dismissing it as happy talk no doubt was easy after a loss in which the Vikings allowed 347 yards in the first half and quarterback Kirk Cousins threw three interceptions in the second. The moments after losses, though, are where O'Connell believes it makes a difference, where players and coaches can correct mistakes without turning on one another.
It still comes down to results, though, and in each of the past two seasons, the Vikings lost three of their first four games before a rally for a playoff spot fell a game short. Their next two home games are against NFC North opponents, and in between their matchups with the Lions and Bears, they travel to London to play the Saints on Oct. 2. To handle an important stretch of the schedule well, they will need to shake off Monday night's dud quickly.
"I've been a part of teams or have observed teams that, even going back to high school, college, where, when you're winning, you can be pretty dysfunctional and it's never going to come to the surface," Cousins said. "And the opposite's true too. You can be a really healthy locker room, a really great group that sticks together, and if you're not winning or if you didn't win recently, you feel like the sky's falling. And so you have to fight both those sides of it."
Receiver Adam Thielen this week reiterated the belief he stated before the season, that this team under O'Connell is better-equipped to deal with the adversity of a season than any team he has been on in his first nine years with the Vikings. Asked why that remained the case, Thielen pointed to the attitude he saw this week.

"When you walked in this building, there was nobody hanging their heads," he said, adding, "It was everybody kind of ready to talk about the game, to figure out what we can do better to help this team win. Then, flip the script, turn the page and move on."
O'Connell gave players the day off from practicing on Wednesday, substituting a jog-through he believed would give their bodies extra time to heal while they began preparations for the Lions.
The decision carried an implicit message that the Vikings do not need to reinvent themselves after following a resounding Week 1 victory over the Packers with a discombobulated performance on Monday night.
Now the Vikings will try to prove their new coach's approach can help them exit September with a winning record for the first time since 2017.
"There's no question everything's not on him, but he's putting it all on him," wide receiver Justin Jefferson said of O'Connell. "He's trying to take a look out for the team. He knows what's out on that field. He knows the stuff we left on the field, as players. For him to take the fall for it, it shows he's trying to be accountable. So we've just got to be accountable as players, and go out there and perform."
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-ability-to-bounce-back-is-the-first-test-of-coach-kevin-oconnells-culture-shift/600209895/