Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trader Rick chimes in on the Viking's victory
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Have to revel in the hype now.....because it won't last. And then the fans will turn in a heartbeat and it'll all be shit. Vikings aren't going 17-0. Can't win a Superbowl before February. Can't win here, can't win in this situation, etc. Its all coming. Kirk isn't clutch. New boss is same as the old boss. Wash, rinse and repeat. 

My hope is that the Vikings are competitive, well coached situationally and get to the playoffs. When the team does lose games, its not in some kind of god awful, horrific shit show of a meltdown. I've had more than enough of those in my time as a Viking's fan. But I refuse to not live in the moment with the Vikings: I enjoy the season too much. This week is a good week, but next week might not be. That's how it goes. But that won't impact me until late Monday night.
FirethenextcoachNOW.com is still available.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Have to revel in the hype now.....because it won't last. And then the fans will turn in a heartbeat and it'll all be shit. Vikings aren't going 17-0. Can't win a Superbowl before February. Can't win here, can't win in this situation, etc. Its all coming. Kirk isn't clutch. New boss is same as the old boss. Wash, rinse and repeat. 

My hope is that the Vikings are competitive, well coached situationally and get to the playoffs. When the team does lose games, its not in some kind of god awful, horrific shit show of a meltdown. I've had more than enough of those in my time as a Viking's fan. But I refuse to not live in the moment with the Vikings: I enjoy the season too much. This week is a good week, but next week might not be. That's how it goes. But that won't impact me until late Monday night.
FirethenextcoachNOW.com is still available.
lol, yep. You know how it goes, greed..... Wink

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Am I the only one who thinks this is a little overblown? Yes, love to see the positivity, the communication between HC and QB. And yes, Cousins played well. And that was a very good defense he picked apart.

But he's played well before. Let's not forget, JJ broke NFL records before his QB suddenly became "good" this year. I've heard people mention the audibles, as if he's never done that before. 

It reminds me of an interview I saw with Cousins last year where the reporter asked about his deep passes in the game and if he thinks that will change his "check down" reputation. Cousins was nice about it but you could tell he was frustrated. The numbers don't lie. There are few passers in the NFL who throw the ball deep as often as Cousins and few who are as good at it. 

And yes, this also means that "bad Kirk" will probably show up this year. But that's OK too. Just don't overreact about every damn thing...and remember, "bad Stafford" had a residency in LA last year. He went 0 fer November, throwing 5 picks with a passer rating in the 60s. That guy won the Super Bowl. 

Just sayin...
Exactly.  Like the positivity of the new staff, and that the HC is the offensive mind so we aren't constantly changing that.  But yes, Zimmer had some good OCs that got jobs elsewhere.  And Kirk put up big numbers, JJ, Diggs, AT and Cook all put up big numbers as well.  

So enjoy the change, but the need to denigrate the previous never really helps the argument.  Just reveals the bitterness.
If not for the bitterness, we'd be the Lions...

Quote: @StickyBun said:

I am getting much better at not getting too worked up, positively or negatively. Took years but I have come to realize a Vikings result  shouldn't be taken personally, doesn't have a damn thing to do with my life really.