Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on the new 3-4 defense
Has anyone looked at the rushing stats of the Lions & Eagles game?  The Lions had close to 200 total rushing yards.  Good game to turn Cook & Mattison loose on them...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Has anyone looked at the rushing stats of the Lions & Eagles game?  The Lions had close to 200 total rushing yards.  Good game to turn Cook & Mattison loose on them...
Was thinking the same thing.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/NickOlsonNFL/status/...6672095234
I think this is simply a team win.  93 stands his guy up, sealing Dillon inside.  Nobody blocks Z from the edge as they double 94 and get no push.  Phillips gets a great jump and takes on 2 blockers initially so EK can fill that hole, which he does and does well taking on the center.

I also read somewhere that Phillips timed & jumped the snap, why not, if he’s offsides half the distance to the goal is no big deal…!!! Situational awareness, what a concept?  B) 

Quote: @Kentis said:
I also read somewhere that Phillips timed & jumped the snap, why not, if he’s offsides half the distance to the goal is no big deal…!!! Situational awareness, what a concept?  B) 

The twitter video would disagree.  It looks like he moved after the ball moved.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:

quote was from Phillips, he must not Tweet…  :o 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:

He got a good jump, so perhaps he timed it.  It wasn't early tho.