Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33rd Team Takeaways

Bears might not be as horrible as we all thought and the Lions are definitely improved. They really should've beaten the Eagles yesterday.

My takeaway is the 2021 QB class. Lawrence, Lance, Wilson, Fields, Jones. Year two and not a single one looked like he made big strides. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Bears might not be as horrible as we all thought and the Lions are definitely improved. They really should've beaten the Eagles yesterday.

My takeaway is the 2021 QB class. Lawrence, Lance, Wilson, Fields, Jones. Year two and not a single one looked like he made big strides. 
Sorry, but I'm just not seeing it from Trevor Lawrence. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

I'm not seeing it from any of them. Jones was solid last year, but he was given a baby diet and did well with it, but I'm not sure his future is any brighter than the others. Even Hurts, who has been given heaps of hype this offseason, was terrific running the ball, but as a passer he just wasn't very good. 

Vikings might want to consider spying him next week. If Cine is back, might be a good time to use that Big Nickel. Asamoah might be good in that role too. 

@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

I'm not seeing it from any of them. Jones was solid last year, but he was given a baby diet and did well with it, but I'm not sure his future is any brighter than the others. Even Hurts, who has been given heaps of hype this offseason, was terrific running the ball, but as a passer he just wasn't very good. 

Vikings might want to consider spying him next week. If Cine is back, might be a good time to use that Big Nickel. Asamoah might be good in that role too. 
Absolutely Bells!

I watched most of that Bears game,  they won because of mother nature and somebody feeling that they have to prove themselves for blowing a bunch of first round picks on a long shot project. 

I still think the bears are shit and the lions are only marginally better.

Wilson hasn't played yet in 22.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:

Wilson hasn't played yet in 22.
Well then he clearly hasn't made big strides. :-)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

I watched most of that Bears game,  they won because of mother nature and somebody feeling that they have to prove themselves for blowing a bunch of first round picks on a long shot project. 

I still think the bears are shit and the lions are only marginally better.
I watched all of it and you're on the money.   

I still think the real plan in Chicago is to tank for a better qb, Fields is another slow-to-process guy. As for Lance, accuracy is a consistent inconsistency.   

I've rarely seen a football game get completely flooded like that, Chicago can thank the weather gods for the win.   Shanahan's teams have not done well in the rain, someone suggested it's because he uses cutback running schemes--you can't make them work on a slip 'n slide field.  Don't know if that's true but it's as good an explanation as any.