Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masterpiece theatre
As a poster who was cautioning everyone, including myself, not to expect too much too soon...we got a masterpiece in game 1 of a new regime, new scheme, new era!

3 penalties, 0 turnovers, double digit win vs our most hated rival and defending division champs = a masterpiece.

We beat them in every facet of the game - coaching, execution, run game, pass game, defense, ST's

I'm in awe of a complete game.  Seriously, even when we had great defenses (zimmer), or great offenses it has been extremely rare for our team to work in unison and complete a game with no hiccups.  

What a win!!!!!

Fantastic coaching, everyone was prepared. Veterans came to play and young guys made contributions. Any day Rodgers is pissy is a win. Also there were hardly any Packers fans at the game today.

Excellent win today. Kudos to KOC, his staff and of course the players. 

Defense was good in the bend but don't break dept. Offense started strong, but that second half was dog shit. Where was Irv Smith Theilen, or anyone not named Cook or Jefferson? 

Anytime we beat an A A Ron led Packers team it's a good day, but they were missing so much of their offense, I'm not ready to call it a great performance.

Quote: @minny65 said:
As a poster who was cautioning everyone, including myself, not to expect too much too soon...we got a masterpiece in game 1 of a new regime, new scheme, new era!

3 penalties, 0 turnovers, double digit win vs our most hated rival and defending division champs = a masterpiece.

We beat them in every facet of the game - coaching, execution, run game, pass game, defense, ST's

I'm in awe of a complete game.  Seriously, even when we had great defenses (zimmer), or great offenses it has been extremely rare for our team to work in unison and complete a game with no hiccups.  

What a win!!!!!
agree! reminds me of how we dominated them in 70’s. simply glorious!!

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Defense was good in the bend but don't break dept. Offense started strong, but that second half was dog shit. Where was Irv Smith Theilen, or anyone not named Cook or Jefferson? 

Anytime we beat an A A Ron led Packers team it's a good day, but they were missing so much of their offense, I'm not ready to call it a great performance.
I am because you play whoever is on the field period. Their defense is legit. I am thinking about how they adjust against Philly. They have some defensive talent, receivers and Hurts can be successful. It was a great start. There was some issues in the second half but a win is a win. It will be interesting to see how they adjust opponent to opponent. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@mgobluevikes said:

I am because you play whoever is on the field period. Their defense is legit. I am thinking about how they adjust against Philly. They have some defensive talent, receivers and Hurts can be successful. It was a great start. There was some issues in the second half but a win is a win. It will be interesting to see how they adjust opponent to opponent. 
Yep. It is still just week one.

That is as good of a debut from O'Connell as we could hope for. The team was energized, the offense was aggressive, the D was out there making plays in critical situations, and long established patterns were gone. I liked Zimmer, but it was clear that he had run his course. Very impressive debut.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:

They have a team as well, that plays defense and has an offense. Dog shit is way too harsh. Rust for both teams. This is why I say fans sometimes are too close to the forest to see the trees. If you're looking for perfection, its always a few plays away. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
@Vikergirl said:
@mgobluevikes said:

Yep. It is still just week one.
I know only one week but how many times in recent memory have we beat the Packers that easily with an overall team game.  No Rodgers heroics and no stupid decisions or late TO's/mistakes to let them back in the game.  We took a lead and never blew it.  Only 3 penalties in a new scheme with new coaching and around 8 new starters and zero turnover's....to me that is a masterful game and week 1.  I could not have hoped for better.  I am not trying to get overly excited because the worst is sure to show it's ugly head somewhere along the way but we also just showed that we can compete and beat anyone.  GB is no joke and it does look like we caught them at the right time but so what that was as convincing a win of the whole weekend.