Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yah, right...
"I can get through the season," Bakhtiari said. "It's going to be fine. You have to just manage while playing."  Translation:  the knee is not good.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Chuckf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Rogers makes a lot of players look good; especially OL and WR's...I suspect the Packer D appreciates him too. 

But they'll miss Bakhtiari when he hangs it up. 

Not a HOF guy, but very good player. 
Yes he does. He's really the biggest reason they're still favored in this game. Because if you just looked at the OL and the WR group, there's not enough there to overcome a lesser QB. But oh my, their D sure looks good. 
Packers -2
Over/Under 48

If it the Vikings defense is as improved as I think it is this game could definitely come in under in total points.  My biggest fear is they just run it down the Vikings throats.
Packers; -1.5 as of 9/5
O/U still at 48

It was -2.5 a few weeks ago. I think Vegas is cautiously optimistic about the Vikings.

Quote: @Chuckf said:
"I can get through the season," Bakhtiari said. "It's going to be fine. You have to just manage while playing."  Translation:  the knee is not good.
His knee will be 110% for the opener.  He will tweak it walking off the field and then rehab and be back at 110% around week 17 Smile

Quote: @Chuckf said:

Bad packer news is always welcome news to my ears.

If Bakhtiari does play this Sunday, his lateral mobility is going to be really limited...hopefully the Vikings can take advantage of that.

Rusty and dinged up, please play.  I know he's been great in the past, but going against Hunter and Zadarius on the road sounds like a nightmare.  

Vikings 27 - Pack 17

Quote: @Skodin said:
Rusty and dinged up, please play.  I know he's been great in the past, but going against Hunter and Zadarius on the road sounds like a nightmare.  

Vikings 27 - Pack 17
Wow - you are bullish on the Vikings!

I'm sure we'll have a predict thread - 
Pack 23
Vikings 24 (last minute field goal)

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Skodin said:

Vikings 27 - Pack 17
Wow - you are bullish on the Vikings!

I'm sure we'll have a predict thread - 
Pack 23
Vikings 24 (last minute field goal)

I am.  
I like the home opener.  
I like the fact that we have a new coach (which favors when there is no game tape on plays, tendencies, etc).  
I like that fact that we have vet D coaches in Donatella and Pettitine.

There is a lot of talent on this roster with a legit:
Offensive player of the year candidate in Jefferson
Legit MVP candidate in Cousins
A premier RB group (Cook, Kene, Mattison, Chandler)
When healthy, the best pairs of edge rushers in the game 
A pair of OTs on the upswing
Smart vets in the defensive backfield in P2 & Harry
A Pro Bowl MLB in the middle

In my mind there is a lot to love and GB looks weak starting the seasonwith a limited Bakh, no Jenkins, no Lazard, Adams in Vegas.  I know their defense is very good but so is our offense and playing at home will give a strong advantage week 1.