Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't play your starters in preseason....

That sucks. I was wondering why Fitzpatrick was out there.

In this era of NFL I tend to agree...I'm not sure playing starters in a pre season game gives coaches any more insight then they have from practice film. 

Just reading the injury reports and tweets today kinda corroborates that. 

why even have pre season games anymore? probably more value to having a few scrimmages with other teams and start the real games.
September is getting more sloppy every year.

Quote: @kmillard said:
why even have pre season games anymore? probably more value to having a few scrimmages with other teams and start the real games.
$$$

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:
$$$

Yeah I get that. It doesn't matter what I think, just doesn't seem to have much value for anything at this time. As long as people buy tickets to that farce it won't change. Third and fourth string players for 3 games of 7th grade game plans have no value. (imo)

Quote: @kmillard said:
@purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:
$$$

Yeah I get that. It doesn't matter what I think, just doesn't seem to have much value for anything at this time. As long as people buy tickets to that farce it won't change. Third and fourth string players for 3 games of 7th grade game plans have no value. (imo)
I know they've lowered the prices for pre-season tix, it still is probably pretty lucrative. 

I suspect the coaches may be getting more out of these games (above and beyond practices) than we might realize? 

I dont know...Preseason games do seem outdated in a league that is evolving its game quickly.