Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tretter done
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:
To me professional courtesy requires a call back.
It really annoys me when contractors dont even call you back and tell you they are to booked up.
i have a rule of thumb for business.  if you call before noon, you get a call (or email ) back that same day.  If you call afternoon,  I try to get you called back same day, but for sure before noon the next day.  It doesnt always work out, but even if I dont have an answer or price for them,  I want them to know that I am working on their requests.  its just the professional way IMO.

Does it make a difference if they are buying or selling?  I surely never responded to all salesmen and when I sold something, used capital equipment, I sure as hell never had the expectation of a reply unless I had an established relationship, or some interest.   Take a no answer as not interested, don't get butt hurt, and just be thankful for them not wasting your time reading why they are not interested and playing you along.        

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:
It really annoys me when contractors dont even call you back and tell you they are to booked up.
i have a rule of thumb for business.  if you call before noon, you get a call (or email ) back that same day.  If you call afternoon,  I try to get you called back same day, but for sure before noon the next day.  It doesnt always work out, but even if I dont have an answer or price for them,  I want them to know that I am working on their requests.  its just the professional way IMO.

Does it make a difference if they are buying or selling?  I surely never responded to all salesmen and when I sold something, used capital equipment, I sure as hell never had the expectation of a reply unless I had an established relationship, or some interest.   Take a no answer as not interested, don't get butt hurt, and just be thankful for them not wasting your time reading why they are not interested and playing you along.        
Exactly.  Seems like he may be playing a game with that as well based on the si.com story.

Teams know when someone is unhealthy. Theres no doubt in my mind that KAM spoke off the record at some point with his agent. Even if it was because there was other clients they were talking about. 

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:

No game ,  just simply state that you are not interested at this time..   Professional courtesy. I guess .  Itinerary takes seconds and there are no burned bridges.  Leaves an open  opportunity in the future. 

Any thoughts that no team signed him because he is president of the players association and powers wanted him
out of the league?

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Any thoughts that no team signed him because he is president of the players association and powers wanted him
out of the league?
That's what his agent alleges (shocker). The guy hasn't practiced for two years. He played, but never practiced because of chronic knee issues. He's a massive risk. 

New staff oversight/learning curve if true.

I was a brand-new manager (six figure positions) and was asked by the former manager to interview the brother of the city Mayor (fwiw) for a position that wasn't even open.  Basically a courtesy interview for when and if any ever did come open.  I interviewed the guy (terrible candidate) and was up front with him the whole time albeit I was brand new so maybe not as direct as I would become with interview practice.  But I clearly told him that I didn't have any local openings from the get-go and during the "courtesy" interview.

I was knee-deep in interviews for 2 other positions that were hours away/apart and he was not interested in moving anyway.  

At the end, I told him that I didn't have anything local and that if anything ever opened-up that I would keep his resume on file.  A local position didn't come up for years.

But about 2 months after the interview my old manager ran into him, and he bad-mouthed me to no end for never sending a rejection letter!  He even threatened me (to my old boss) about if I ever get caught drinking and driving in his brother's city (shithole anyway Smile.

Not the best example because the guy is clearly a di*k but after that I always sent rejection letters within days even for interviewee's that I clearly rejected in person.  

Much ado about nothing but could be ( I didn't read the article) just a new staff oversight in the midst of creating a new regime.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:

No game ,  just simply state that you are not interested at this time..   Professional courtesy. I guess .  Itinerary takes seconds and there are no burned bridges.  Leaves an open  opportunity in the future. 

I wasn't in purchasing, but would have to sign off on MRO PO's not supplies, got more requests see new product than I really had time for.  When it came to salesmen, respectfully would tell them I'll call you when I need something.  Also did not allow any free gifts or lunches.

We have no clue where their call went or if coach or Kam even know about his interest. They’re in the middle of a crazy time where every second is important. I highly doubt they have any time for news reports/rumors etc. I doubt they know much about what is going on outside the building. We see it all the time when the media will ask something and it’s obvious the player or coach has no idea what they are talking about.

I doubt Tretter was a big discussion for them at any time this year simply due to what he’d command salary wise. It seems like their primary focus has been about improving the defense. 
Bradbury is especially frustrating for us because he was a top pick and has underperformed. These guys could probably care less where any prior players were drafted. They see a guy who gave up 2 sacks last year and was very good as a run blocker. If I were to guess, they’ve been moving with the plan to give themselves a year working with him before looking elsewhere. There’s a fair chance they’ve never given serious thought to signing a new center. We see the type of reports they are, but that doesn’t mean it’s anything more than speculation.