Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tretter done
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
all fine and good,  but kind of short sighted to not even return his call... lets say Bradbury is the guy we have seen for the last few years,  they cant find help otherwise,  and they burned this bridge by simply not returning a phone call?  Its not like the guy wouldnt be an upgrade over what we saw last year,  based on his play last year.
Right, maybe they should've returned the call, worked him out. But it's also not like the Vikings were the only team with a need at center. Couple teams lost their starting centers and chose not to sign Tretter. This is probably just one of those things that you chalk up to NFL teams having more intel than we do. 
possible,  or they had a competent 2nd option already in camp on an affordable contract.  I am not saying he would be cheap,  I am just saying that our starting center has been the weakest player on a team that has playoff aspirations ( according to some),  with no quality back up,  and to not even pick up the phone when the guy calls seems a bit short sighted.  I am sure they have more information, but what does it hurt to talk with him and possibly sign him after the first week when the contracts arent guaranteed?

Yeah. I'm bullish on the new era but it hasn't been without some growing pains. Everyone-- including me-- is happy we signed Nick Mullens and it's awesome, but most are quick to forget KAM re-signed Mannion a couple weeks before Mullens signed in SF. A future 7th is inconsequential but still, most with eyes know Mannion stinks. We probably could've gotten Mullens in the building 3 months earlier and kept the 7th. Is Tretter washed? Probably. But returning a phone call seems like the right thing to do, IMO.
Don't forget that Mannion is still on the team. All of us are just assuming that the Mullens signing means Mannion is gone and Mond stays--that seems the logical step--but who knows. 

Another thing to consider is what happens to the QB we release? Do the Packers sign him just to get the week 1 playbook? Didn't they do something like that last year? Are the Vikings going to carry 4 QB into week two just to get past the Packers?
True but if they never re-signed Mannion last March then that's not a worry, which is my point.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
all fine and good,  but kind of short sighted to not even return his call... lets say Bradbury is the guy we have seen for the last few years,  they cant find help otherwise,  and they burned this bridge by simply not returning a phone call?  Its not like the guy wouldnt be an upgrade over what we saw last year,  based on his play last year.
Right, maybe they should've returned the call, worked him out. But it's also not like the Vikings were the only team with a need at center. Couple teams lost their starting centers and chose not to sign Tretter. This is probably just one of those things that you chalk up to NFL teams having more intel than we do. 
possible,  or they had a competent 2nd option already in camp on an affordable contract.  I am not saying he would be cheap,  I am just saying that our starting center has been the weakest player on a team that has playoff aspirations ( according to some),  with no quality back up,  and to not even pick up the phone when the guy calls seems a bit short sighted.  I am sure they have more information, but what does it hurt to talk with him and possibly sign him after the first week when the contracts arent guaranteed?

Yeah. I'm bullish on the new era but it hasn't been without some growing pains. Everyone-- including me-- is happy we signed Nick Mullens and it's awesome, but most are quick to forget KAM re-signed Mannion a couple weeks before Mullens signed in SF. A future 7th is inconsequential but still, most with eyes know Mannion stinks. We probably could've gotten Mullens in the building 3 months earlier and kept the 7th. Is Tretter washed? Probably. But returning a phone call seems like the right thing to do, IMO.
Don't forget that Mannion is still on the team. All of us are just assuming that the Mullens signing means Mannion is gone and Mond stays--that seems the logical step--but who knows. 

Another thing to consider is what happens to the QB we release? Do the Packers sign him just to get the week 1 playbook? Didn't they do something like that last year? Are the Vikings going to carry 4 QB into week two just to get past the Packers?
True but if they never re-signed Mannion last March then that's not a worry.
But they did so it is.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

But they did so it is.
They did?!

@pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

But they did so it is.
and remember those that were vocal against it were mocked..."whats the big deal,  they can always cut him if something better comes along" now look at the fine mess that got us into.

[Image: 34967_Oliver%20Hardy_0.jpg]

To me professional courtesy requires a call back.
It really annoys me when contractors dont even call you back and tell you they are to booked up.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
It really annoys me when contractors dont even call you back and tell you they are to booked up.
i have a rule of thumb for business.  if you call before noon, you get a call (or email ) back that same day.  If you call afternoon,  I try to get you called back same day, but for sure before noon the next day.  It doesnt always work out, but even if I dont have an answer or price for them,  I want them to know that I am working on their requests.  its just the professional way IMO.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:
i have a rule of thumb for business.  if you call before noon, you get a call (or email ) back that same day.  If you call afternoon,  I try to get you called back same day, but for sure before noon the next day.  It doesnt always work out, but even if I dont have an answer or price for them,  I want them to know that I am working on their requests.  its just the professional way IMO.
Exactly!   I always tried to update the customers if there was a delay and let them what was going on.
Treat people like you want to be treated.  Customer service has really gone down hill in many ways.  I find mysrlf telling the cashier thanks or have a nice day and they don’t respond at all.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:
Exactly!   I always tried to update the customers if there was a delay and let them what was going on.
Treat people like you want to be treated.  Customer service has really gone down hill in many ways.  I find mysrlf telling the cashier thanks or have a nice day and they don’t respond at all.
Not sure this stuff works but I really doubt the teams in the NFL reply to every agent inquiry. If interested yes but not if they have no interest.

@ThunderGod said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:
Not sure this stuff works but I really doubt the teams in the NFL reply to every agent inquiry. If interested yes but not if they have no interest.
Takes 15 seconds to make a phone call or fire off an email thanking the. For their interest.  Especually when a veteran player reaches out.  It would be different if it was a bum off the streets.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@1VikesFan said:
@ThunderGod said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:
Takes 15 seconds to make a phone call or fire off an email thanking the. For their interest.  Especually when a veteran player reaches out.  It would be different if it was a bum off the streets.
Not questioning that, questioning whether they do it or not.