Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: 6 game suspension for Watson
....and yet the fans were lining up 4 deep to get his autograph at Brown's camp. Wash, rinse and repeat.

I was listening to some one comparing and contrasting with the 4 game suspension Roethlisberger received and neither seem to be anything resembling a good outcome.  Other than Felony vs Civil accusation Watson is a more likable citizen.  Any other employer wouldn't accept this kind of behavior.    

Quote: @StickyBun said:
....and yet the fans were lining up 4 deep to get his autograph at Brown's camp. Wash, rinse and repeat.
No doubt and there were fans raving about the supposed injustice to Watson, just like there are fans celebrating the weak punishment. No surprise there.

Robinson is going by the language of the new discipline process as well as precedence. It pretty much sucks because they want this bs limbo where it is not really severe consequences. But viewing the cases as 1 offense is absolutely ridiculous. It is a pattern of behavior and this is part of why women don't come forward. It's a bad look all around. 

This whole situation reeks. The more I look into this decision the angrier I get. It's like the judge is just saying that it's going to be the NFL that will have to step up because I won't. The fact that only 4 of the 24 cases were used in the decision is utter bullshit. This entire thing is a sham but it is the NFL so I am not surprised, just pissed.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
This whole situation reeks. The more I look into this decision the angrier I get. It's like the judge is just saying that it's going to be the NFL that will have to step up because I won't. The fact that only 4 of the 24 cases were used in the decision is utter bullshit. This entire thing is a sham but it is the NFL so I am not surprised, just pissed.
I feel like she is being done dirty in part but I am trying to be calm and understand perspective. I am livid. I just don't know what the league is going to do now. But Watson is basically getting away with it and women are being dismissed once again. He has expressed no remorse or accountability. The Browns front office do not give a fuck. I am definitely rooting against the Browns. Go Bengals.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The NFL is about money.  If fans keep showing up, these creeps will keep getting paid.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
The NFL is about money.  If fans keep showing up, these creeps will keep getting paid.
Sucks but definitely correct 

The Browns had to have known that this was the likely outcome before the trade.

I call BS on the judge---citing 21 violent cases in the past only getting 6 games sus.  so precedent set.  They were individual incidents.  This POS has multiple accusers so even if we only look at the three she actually considered that's 3 incidents X 6 games= 1 year and one game 
She lumped it all as one incident so as to come to her pre-arranged tough on crime stance within the precedence BS.