Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: 6 game suspension for Watson

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Does seem awful low to me. Won't be surprised if the league appeals decision.
I read somewhere the NFL was looking for closer to the 12 game range...

it would be interesting to know the actual details to determine how much we have heard is legit and how much is BS or just money grubbing?  I dont know this judges back ground, but on face value if a female former judge says its only 6 games,  I have to wonder exactly how much we think we know if BS?

Find it interesting that I have been watching NFL Network"s "Inside Training Camp" and they are not even mentioning the suspension in their scroll or anywhere else. ESPN is all over this story.

Correction: just mentioned it and going to Browns camp for reaction.

Find it interesting that I have been watching NFL Network"s "Inside Training Camp" and they are not even mentioning the suspension in their scroll or anywhere else. ESPN is all over this story.
They are not going to go against the shield, they will follow their own narrative.

Correction: just mentioned it and going to Browns camp for reaction.
I dont think anything was official till recently...

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...htVQ1TM2QA&s=19
Poor guy, hope he doesn't relapse while he is suspended.  The NFL is soooo harsh.

it was reported in the settlement talks that Watson had offered 6-8 games and the NFL was at 12 with a 8 million fine.  Even his own camp was willing to do to 8 in a settlement, so you have to figure it was going to be at least 10-12.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
it was reported in the settlement talks that Watson had offered 6-8 games and the NFL was at 12 with a 8 million fine.  Even his own camp was willing to do to 8 in a settlement, so you have to figure it was going to be at least 10-12.  
Yeah that's posted above.