Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading a convicted arms dealer for a basketball player?
I don't think Griner is coming home any time soon.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I am thinking there is going to be a prisoner swap.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
I think Putin is enjoying this too much to do that anytime soon. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
I think Putin is enjoying this too much to do that anytime soon. 
What kind of mental midget goes to Russia right now, let alone take drugs. Let her rot. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/155242352...hJKa6t2XyQ&s=19
This administration could fuck up a crow bar in a sand box.  How many people died because of that arms dealer,  how many more likely died over the years trying to capture him,  and how many more will die as a result of him being freed?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
This administration could fuck up a crow bar in a sand box.  How many people died because of that arms dealer,  how many more likely died over the years trying to capture him,  and how many more will die as a result of him being freed?
This can be debated, but there's no debating that the best thing to happen to Paul Whelan recently was Griner getting held. This wouldn't be happening without the outcry for Griner, which if I'm Whelan and his family, I'm fucking outraged that its taken that to facilitate his possible release.

Jeez, 

Next time I'm in Russia I'll be sure to bring my hash oil with me

In fairness, it's a better deal than his old boss got for a deserter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_Five

Next thing you know, we'll be pushing to give large sums of money to Iran again to stop their nuclear ambitions.  Of course, we have to take their word for it....

There's a reason the US has a longstanding policy of not negotiating in hostage type situations.  It only encourages more of it.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

Meh, maybe they should hire the Browns front office to help with the negotiations.  I hear they're awesome at it.