Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- Concerts
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Holy crap, people paid for this.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRrGh26y/?k=1
People also paid for this:

Best concert I went to was Tom Petty at Red Rocks a few months before he died. Was the fourth time I saw him live. Really any show at Red Rocks is great. I saw Neil Young, Fun, Vampire Weekend (x2) there among others.

I'm seeing Pearl Jam in Denver this fall. Will be my fifth PJ show. Also seeing Arcade Fire at the Armory in Minneapolis this fall. 

Quote: @claykenny said:
Best concert I went to was Tom Petty at Red Rocks a few months before he died. Was the fourth time I saw him live. Really any show at Red Rocks is great. I saw Neil Young, Fun, Vampire Weekend (x2) there among others.

I'm seeing Pearl Jam in Denver this fall. Will be my fifth PJ show. Also seeing Arcade Fire at the Armory in Minneapolis this fall. 
Saw Arcade Fire in Denver at the Larimer Lounge back in 2004. Saw Pearl Jam play a quonset hut at the fairgrounds in Bozeman, MT right after Ten came out. It was 95 degrees outside and about 120 inside. Nobody was wearing shirts in the pit, including the girls. Quite the show. 

Quote: @claykenny said:

First time I saw Petty (maybe 15 years ago) I had tempered expectations for some reason.  I like a lot of his music but it wasn't something I would listen to or play out very much for some reason - a little too poppy (not poopy) I must have thought.

But he was just incredible and it is the best concert I have ever scene to date and I would guess I have been to around 60+.  I saw him 2 more times.

Saw Pearl Jam in Philly and that was above average but my expectations were too high (pun intended)

Saw U2 "actung baby" tour in philly as well and that was #1 before Petty years later - they were incredible live.

Have seen Bruce at least 4 times and he has always been a great show.

I really want to see Neil Young.  My brother went to see him a few years back when he did like a storybook tour and my brother hated it so I think that swayed me away.  

I'm rambling but your other comment about any show at Red Rocks gets me pumped - going first time (bucket list) in October to see Incubus.  I could only imagine Petty at Red Rocks at this point.  

METALLICA blew the doors off Lollapalooza!

I love that concerts are back, though I liked 'em better years ago when my view wasn't obscured by 5000 phone screens.

Stones in '75 was by far the best concert I have ever seen. Seen other really good ones but none better than that.